Quantcast

Eurobike 2015. Who even gives a sh..

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
IRONHORSE are back??
it looks like a Mondraker. with the ZERO link

and please delete the threde I started if not needed....

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
i think the thread name should be changed to Endurobike 2015
not a single dh bike was seen that day (yet)

@jackalope camelback bladder full of hash oil? i mean cmon dakine you lazy assholes
My guess is they're waiting to introduce e-downhill bikes.

"Tired of pedaling out of the start gate? Eff it, just turn the throttle and roost the guy holding the clipboard"

It's rumored that Blenki is non-plussed with the idea of e-boosting over jumps without the need to air pedal.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
My guess is they're waiting to introduce e-downhill bikes.

"Tired of pedaling out of the start gate? Eff it, just turn the throttle and roost the guy holding the clipboard"

It's rumored that Blenki is non-plussed with the idea of e-boosting over jumps without the need to air pedal.

the new e-downhill bikes will need 650b148mm boost wheelie bars (or a 26" sun ringle Mag30 wheel up front) to keep the front-end down

hehh..........okay im done

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Here's to hoping. I'd but one. Looks like the cable clamps at the lever too, so it's Thomson Covert compatible.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
PB has the hipotetical case where you have two bikes with stealth dropper routing and you want to share a single post between them, given how easy is to disconnect the cable assy from the post. They said the lever/cable combo will sell separately.
That's fucking hilarious.

You still have to take the lever off the bar, and loosen up the housing so you can slide it up to get the connection point out the top of the seat tube. Monumental PITA.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct

"Prototype DBcoil Inline CS

Safely stored in a padded Pelican case and hidden underneath their Eurobike display stand was one of just three examples of Cane Creek's DBcoil Inline shock. The handmade prototype features the same damper design used by the DBinline that most of us are already familiar with, including the clever CS switch that adds both LSC and LSR, but the shock is designed around a coil spring rather than the air spring that the production DBinline employs. That means that the shock pictured here is most definitely heavier than the standard DBinline, but Cane Creek says that it's also 149 grams lighter than the standard, piggyback equipped DBcoil CS in a 200mm x 57mm size. It's also close to being on par with the piggyback equipped DBair CS when you factor in Cane Creek's upcoming lightweight steel spring.

Cane Creek hasn't decided if they'll actually offer DBcoil Inline, though, despite what seems to be a growing consumer desire for coil-sprung shocks on mid-travel bikes. Part of the issue is that many contemporary bikes have been designed around air-sprung shocks and simply won't work well when you swap the air for a coil. That doesn't apply to all bikes, though, and there are certainly some riders who would benefit from the extra sensitivity and consistency that a steel spring will always have in hand over a lighter weight air-sprung setup. Cane Creek also did say that the DBcoil Inline, if produced, would cost less than other shocks in their lineup."