Quantcast

ETSU Spring Race - Nationals Qualifier

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
i will be doing some trail work to the dh making it a bit more smooth around the edges. we are gonna put up a temporary feature where the tree drop used to be, what exactly that will be is still undecided. im gonna groom the berms and fix the lips of all the jumps. so it will be hardtail friendly. but going fast on a hardtail will require some serious skill. 5-6 inches of travel would be optimal for this coarse

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
i will be doing some trail work to the dh making it a bit more smooth around the edges. we are gonna put up a temporary feature where the tree drop used to be, what exactly that will be is still undecided. im gonna groom the berms and fix the lips of all the jumps. so it will be hardtail friendly. but going fast on a hardtail will require some serious skill. 5-6 inches of travel would be optimal for this coarse
Got a crew coming over Thursday afternoon to pre-ride, sounds like its gonna be sweet!

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
Awesome! I got out there and wounjd up putting in a lot more time in than I expected. The upper half is muuch different and there is a completely new and very crucial feature that could determine the entire race. Please let me know how you like it.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Randy, where are you guys staying?
We are just going to drive up and ride Thursday afternoon and drive back. I am interested in seeing this > "very crucial feature that could determine the entire race" < I'll give a trail beta report Thursday night.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm not sure if I'll make it this weekend but I just wanted to throw out for those on the fence -- the DS at ETSU is the most fun racing I've ever done. Everyone is all smiles and it's not competitive at all. Hell, I lost to someone 20 years my senior and it was freakin' awesome.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I'm such a photo whore, I might could be persuaded if it meant a cover shot of it on PB. The way you post, I'd be an internationally trending topic in an hour flat. :D I kid.
Better bring your wardrobe and make up crew this time Butch, in case I am hiding in the bushes again with my camera like I was at Clemson.

Hey, if I can bring some light to the SE racing scene with posting on PB or FB, then my job is done. All press is good press.

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
Don't get your hopes too high. Expert/pro racers won't even notice a problem but cat 2 and down will really struggle to go fast. its made to be hard to go fast through and there is no middle ground. If you mess up you lose a lot of time.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
What are the hours for the park for riding tomorrow? I won't be able to get there till about 2 pm. Also is the dual slalom track open for practice, too

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
Trails are open any time. Show up whenever ye want. Its a short walk for a very rewarding ride. Slalom is also open whenever. But its in a different spot from the DH. PM me for a cell number, ill give you detailed directions to both.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
My wife and I should be there just after lunch tomorrow. Plan to walk it, then ride it. Look for the brightest POC jerseys out there this weekend or stop by the MK tent (we'll have the smaller one, the 10x20 won't be in until next Tues.... dang it).

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Oh Mr. Crickets? Where art thou?
A 4" travel bike with lots of "POP" would be ideal. If you are good at dirt jumps you will do well.Not my kind of course, and not a course for an 8" travel bike.If you can pop off those dirt lips you'll make it over the shark tank!-with lazers and fire!