Quantcast

Endubro Forks, overwhelming. 160mm x 27.5

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
The Mattoc is definitely a good fork, but I agree that it isn't the smoothest chassis. Small bump sensitivity is only okay, but midstroke support and bottom out control are first rate. Stiffness is good, but the new 36 is definitely stiffer. Stiction, chassis stiffness, and small bump sensitivity on the new 36 Float are better than any 160mm fork I've ridden (this doesn't include the Diamond though). Having owned all three, I'd rate them 36 > Mattoc > Pike.
What do you like better about the Mattoc then the Pike?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Appreciate the input man. Sounds more and more like the new 36 is worth trying. I'll start price hunting soon and if I am feeling particular weak/antsy, may just pull the trigger if I see a good deal. Still gotta build my wheels so not sweating it right now. Pics of your Spitty would be rad!
Just got my 2016 36 Float RC2 in the mail yesterday - $769 shipped from Cambria Bike was a sweet deal - I had them price match, which means they beat the next price by 5%. I've heard of folks having long shipping times with them due to backordered parts, but I called to verify stock and they got it to me in less that 4 business days from the date I ordered it.

I'm going to be installing the fork sometime in the next couple days when I have some spare time, but I'll share some pictures afterwards.