Quantcast

Electric power stroker!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I like nice riding bikes.

I like my bikes to be somewhat simple to repair/maintain.

I don't use my go pro, point and shoot, or even a bike computer due to annoyance of electronic devices and batteries.

Reminds me of TV cars and all the constant issues I have with those when my kid and I run outs. I don't want to further complicate my bike like this, it will surely take the simple joy out of it for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wanted a much simpler counterpart to my fantastic enduro 29, so I went out and bought a krampus. I didn't want to mess with air pressure, rebuilding forks, tuning shocks, I just wanted it to work. I hated it. It was boring as hell and I ended up hanging hydros, a suspension fork, and a bunch of other stuff on it until I realized how close it had become to the enduro. Sometimes tech makes the ride better.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man, I love that RC reviewed the new fox stuff. "This new trend is awesome, we should all buy it before dismissing it...now pay me FOX/Pivot/Trek"

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Sometimes tech makes the ride better.
I do agree to a point, I don't mind the mechanical aspect of the bike, check my tires, give the fork and shock a bounce, flick the levers, all is good go ride.

what I don't want to add in is charging batteries, changing batteries, wondering if my shock feels shitty because of a tired batter, or a loose wire, etc.

Set it, forget it, ride it, and double check it.

I'm sure it will ride awesome, I just don't know that I want the extra "potential" headaches of it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i hear ya. I imagine it'll be a bit like a phone...plug it in at the end of the day and it's ready when it's party time.

the only catch is I basically throw my phone away every two year and get a new one...rather not do that with this kidn of tech. What's the life cycle on SHIMZ vs. SERVOZ?