Quantcast

Eastern DH Road Trip Help

kgbdhbiker

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Group of guys from Ontario planning a short trip.
Plattekill-Mt Snow-Killington-Whiteface. Now I have ridden Plattekill and Whiteface, and loved both. I am the only one. Are Mt Snow and Killington worth a day each, or should we just do 2 days Plattekill-2 days Whiteface?
Anyone make suggestions? Alterations to plan? Mainly is Mt Snow and Killington worth it compared to Plattekill/Whiteface.
Thanks in advance. Please help - our only US trip this year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I do not/did not like Killington. It's isolated and most of the trails are cardio burners. It's a shame because one of their trails is wildly fun, the lower part of, I think, #33, but it's the only trail on the mountain like it, I feel. People have said that I need to connect with a local to find the good stuff, but you shouldn't operate a mountain that has only ****ty trails on the map. At least at Plattekill, any trail you take leads to more trails that are fun. Nothing worse than pushing a 55lb DH bike up to the top of the right side of the mountain, only to find an ultra-gradual grade and a smooth trail.

Mt. Snow has supposedly been upping their game but I haven't been this year. The race courses were lots of fun last year, but that's like two trails.

I'd suggest a second day at plattekill, if your hands can take it, or adding in Jiminy or Bromont, if you haven't been to either. It's been a while since I went to Bromont, but great fun there, and Jiminy is on a refresher course this year. I like Whiteface but the length and lack of trail variety means you either love them or you leave. Remember that Plattekill is only open weekends, and Jiminy only runs their big lift on weekends.

So, you COULD DO Whiteface on Friday, Plattekill Sat, Jiminy/Snow Sun, Bromont Mon. Might miss out on a few trails at Bromont on the weekday though.