Quantcast

Dying or Painting Ugly Saddle

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
You can always just tear that cover off and replace it with a piece of black leather. Takes 30 min tops. You just glue it on and those ibeam saddles are the easiest too do it on also.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
pretty sure I've used a sharpie with some success to color in worn edges of a saddle. MIght be worth a shot. Get a real nice fade-proof pen and color in the lines.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
mmmm sparkles....that would be cool if i could somehow incorporate that into the vinyl dye...maybe

wait...nvm. i don't want hearts and ponies on my seat. lol

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
You can always just tear that cover off and replace it with a piece of black leather. Takes 30 min tops. You just glue it on and those ibeam saddles are the easiest too do it on also.
Agreed. If you're near a saddle maker, they should have chap leather on hand - - fairly thin and very supple and stretchable. You can also use short staples into the plastic on the underside to secure it. I redid the seat on my old IT 175 Yamaha that way once.

If you just want to repaint, use Mar-Hyde from the auto parts store. It's specifically for coloring auto vinyl upholstery. Lasts decently.