Quantcast

Downhill World Cup Betting?

ph4se_1

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Hi all ,

Just wondering is there a facility available to bet on the Downhill World Cup in a similar fashion to horse racing for example.

For example individual race winners, top 3, top 5, overall winners at end of season, etc?

Cheers

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Not that I'm aware of..... There have been fantasy leagues and Vital does OTB betting, but none of it's for money or with odds....

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Sports betting has to have recognition, and even then it is controlled within regional laws and exercised from loopholes within those laws - IE Online betting while network-servers are within State/Province/Territory allowing Sports Betting.
Is a hot button issue as a whole, but AFAIK UCI/World Cup Cycling is not a betting sport. Horse Racing/Dog Racing is not considered a sport, it's considered leisure.

ph4se_1

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
I am based in the Republic of Ireland, where yes you can pretty much bet on anything. Currently the larger providers such as Boylesports and Paddy Power allow online betting on Road and Track cycling for example but nothing for Mountain biking, other than possibly XC world champs. A friend of mine wants to set up a small scale site to allow people to bet on the likes of Downhill, Enduro, Rampage etc.

Just trying to gauge interest for him here and also wondering if it is legal for you all to access such a site throughout the USA or if certain states would have gambling websites blocked completely? Not totally up to scratch on US gambling law as of yet.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I am based in the Republic of Ireland, where yes you can pretty much bet on anything. Currently the larger providers such as Boylesports and Paddy Power allow online betting on Road and Track cycling for example but nothing for Mountain biking, other than possibly XC world champs. A friend of mine wants to set up a small scale site to allow people to bet on the likes of Downhill, Enduro, Rampage etc.

Just trying to gauge interest for him here and also wondering if it is legal for you all to access such a site throughout the USA or if certain states would have gambling websites blocked completely? Not totally up to scratch on US gambling law as of yet.
Do you like gladiator movies?
Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
What is your favorite bike color?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The sport is waaaaaay too unpredictable to make betting anything than a very good way of losing money. There are some people who overperform semi consistently this isn't happening in a betable manner. You need something with consistent conditions (boxing and mma are great for that) or a fuckton of data points (ie. Movies)