Quantcast

does this sound like a good deal?

brungus

Chimp
Jun 14, 2004
For Sale: $700

03 Specialized Big Hit DH Medium-Chrome paint, Vanilla RC with Big Hit kit installed, 650lb spring and 500lb spring, serviced by Fox April 04, new bushings
03 Boxxer Race-Black Box upgrade, ridden two months
Holzfeller Cranks, Truvativ Gigapipe DH bottom bracket, MRP mini-me chain guide
Azonic A-Frame pedals
Race Face Diabolous Stem and bar (25.4)
Hayes Mag 8" brakes
Sun Doublewide rim in front laced to a Sun Abbah 20mm hub
Sun Mammoth rim in the back laced to a Gusset bolt-on rear hub
Thomson seatpost
Azonic Drop saddle
brand new derailleur hanger
needs rear derailleur and chain

Rode all last season and May and June of this season...has two small dents in top tube...inspected on inside of frame, no cracks whatsoever...
scratches all around from riding, but frame is rock solid
Bearings are still in good condition

Small scratch on right stanchion of fork, sanded smooth, no leaks

Front brake lever pops out, I have it rigged so it won't pop out unexpectedly, brakes work fine...cost about $20 to fix at your LBS.

Overall, the bike is in good shape, not the prettiest, but it rides smooth. All it needs is a cleaning, tune-up, and a chain and r. derailleur, and it'll work great. No play in the rear.
If you're looking to get into DH, this is a good setup without dropping mad money.

should i get it?

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
The parts spec. is good, but pictures will tell how abused they are. For instance: It's great that it's got Holzfeller cranks, but if they are bent they're no good. Sounds like you'd need to add $100 to get it working properly.

Get some pics and make the call, but it seems pretty good to me.

brungus

Chimp
Jun 14, 2004
Matt D said:
The parts spec. is good, but pictures will tell how abused they are. For instance: It's great that it's got Holzfeller cranks, but if they are bent they're no good. Sounds like you'd need to add $100 to get it working properly.

Get some pics and make the call, but it seems pretty good to me.
he lives close to me, so im going to go see it at a bike shop and get them to look at it too.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sounds like a good deal, esp. if you can see it in person. I'd hit it...

The rims are atrocious, but toss back a beer or two and they'll look good until you kill them. She'll need a little TLC otherwise, but who's perfect, you know?

MD