Quantcast

Does it look BENT?!

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
Looking at the space between the piggy back and the spring. There is less space between at the bottom of the piggy back than the top. I thought you said in the other thread you were going to take to fox, at a race, and have them look at it? I don't think there's much wrong with it.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Looking at the space between the piggy back and the spring. There is less space between at the bottom of the piggy back than the top. I thought you said in the other thread you were going to take to fox, at a race, and have them look at it? I don't think there's much wrong with it.
Just looking for opinions as to what people think. I will be bringing it to fox friday. Just looking to see what people think with the shock. as to what poeple thought with the shock on here. just seeing if people anything is twisted on broken internally

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You can do a better job of seeing if those parts are parallel than the internet can. Like said above, camera lenses will mess with that. It looks bent but it might not be, or not nearly as bad as the picture shows.

Get some vernier calipers and measure the gap between the flat section of the reservoir and the shock body, take two measurements along that section - one before the F of the fox logo, and one after the X. Compare measurements.

Anyway, the spring didn't even look damaged - I don't think that needed replacing. Spring steel is strong stuff and the chip had barely gone past the paint.

As for the shock, if it's still working fine as you said, then it doesn't sound like anything is broken or leaking. Chances are it will be fine. Goes without saying that if it is slightly bent, it'd be best to just run it like that - trying to straighten it will probably crack the neck. You said the spring isn't rubbing the res, so it sounds like you're good to go.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Do you have verniers? A few quick measurements should have this answered for you in a couple minutes.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
But is it possible the shock it's previously slanted downward
No it is not possible that is was previously slanted. Don't be lazy and spend the 5 minutes with your calipers as I suggested and you will know immediately if it bent or not.

as i said previously, it appears bent to me. that being said, i highly doubt there is any internal damage as the "bent" part contains no pieces, just the orifices in which the oil flows and i also doubt that they have been damaged in any way that prohibits the oil flow...

Aug 25, 2011
as i said previously, it appears bent to me. that being said, i highly doubt there is any internal damage as the "bent" part contains no pieces, just the orifices in which the oil flows and i also doubt that they have been damaged in any way that prohibits the oil flow...
Thats what I thought, you seem pretty knowledgable. Thanks, fox will look at it, but I think i am good

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
This reminds me of a person that goes into a doctors office to get diagnosed. He doesn't like what he hears. He then goes out and gets a second opinion.

Aug 25, 2011
This reminds me of a person that goes into a doctors office to get diagnosed. He doesn't like what he hears. He then goes out and gets a second opinion.
no, I havent gone to any company for an opinion. I am asking opinions from ridemonkey to see what they think. Its not like I have called fox already then asked your opions.

and BTW, called fox actually about 5 minutes ago, they want 120 to send it back to them so they can look, then more mula to fix it. **** that, ill just buy a new one at cost, its probably cheaper

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Mine is 9.5 by three

How am I trying to avoid the truth, by asking what people think?
You are not; do not trouble yourself with my crazy, it's poison! (currently adulterated with percocet).

Ask questions; anyone that calls you for asking questions is an eater of teh poo!

If it runs ok, worry less. You should probably PUSH it, or get an Avy anyway!

:D

Aug 25, 2011
You are not; do not trouble yourself with my crazy, it's poison! (currently adulterated with percocet).

Ask questions; anyone that calls you for asking questions is an eater of teh poo!

If it runs ok, worry less. You should probably PUSH it, or get an Avy anyway!

:D

HA! Ya got an email from fox, I sent them five pictures, they said it doesnt look bent in the photos, but they said if it is bent it is so slight that it wont effect anything! WOOT WOOT!

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
It does look bent, but as I've said before, the bridge has a very big moment of inertia and the reservoir is more likely to bend (after the threads on the bridge-reservoir interface), that is why it is working properly, because the circuits are intact and the IFP is still able to move without interference.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I can't resist any longer.

Every time I see this thread title in the line up, I just picture you in a hospital robe with the front pulled up and a very concerned look on your face while there's a surgeon sitting in the background laughing.

I call it my mature side.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I can't resist any longer.

Every time I see this thread title in the line up, I just picture you in a hospital robe with the front pulled up and a very concerned look on your face while there's a surgeon sitting in the background laughing.

I call it my mature side.
a bent dick is a hell of a tickler

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
here is mine for reference:

OP:

compared to mine, id say yours looks bent. However, there are some shadows in OPs picture that may be playing tricks on my eye balls...

im not exactly sure why this thread exists...if i remember correctly, OP said he was gonna go talk to fox @GRT? diagnosing this on the internet is really stoopid. (i realize i just did that)

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
HA! Ya got an email from fox, I sent them five pictures, they said it doesnt look bent in the photos, but they said if it is bent it is so slight that it wont effect anything! WOOT WOOT!
If you read above I talked to fox they said its so slightly bent it won't change anything and I should be good

Thanks for the comparison
If you read above I talked to fox they said its so slightly bent it won't change anything and I should be good

Thanks for the comparison
I know you are only 14 and West Milford Schools suck but come on!

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
That thing is as bent as Julian Clarey, or Bob Marley - depending on how you like to get bent.