Quantcast

Divorce ...Is it really the fix one hopes for?

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Holy Smokes! ... page 6 ... lively discussion.
The honest sharing of some of you guys is impressive.

to be honest, sometimes i feel trapped in my marriage. having 2 young kids (which i love dearly) makes me unable to leave.
Can relate ... so hard when our couple kids were young. Biggest test of our lives.
It can\does get better ..much better.
Get away from the kids.. together ..even for couple hours.
Discuss what you want things to be like.
Hang tough...if possible.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
to be honest, sometimes i feel trapped in my marriage. having 2 young kids (which i love dearly) makes me unable to leave.
That's a pretty ****ty reason to stay married. Most often, your kids will wind up fvcked up from being in a dysfunctional household...if the marriage is bad enough to be noticeable by the kids.

You're much better off to move on and provide 2 separate, stable households. At least that's just what I've seen with some friends' parents. I'm not saying it's easy or I can even remotely relate to what it's like being a single, childless guy, but that's just my opinion.

Also, I'm fortunate enough to have my parents still happily married......it will be 30 years next April. Sadly that seems to be a rarity these days, and as an adult now, I'm glad I didn't take that for granted as a kid.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
You're much better off to move on and provide 2 separate, stable households. At least that's just what I've seen with some friends' parents. I'm not saying it's easy or I can even remotely relate to what it's like being a single, childless guy, but that's just my opinion.
My parents got divorced when I was 5, and i turned out AWESOME. I have trouble not choking girls during sex, I want to fight a group of midgets or children, When I rarely drink things go from sober to warp speed (which usually included thing being broken or stolen) and I'd rather hang with my dog than people.

see, it works out best for the whole group.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I met Ruth when I was 42 and she was 38. That was in 98, we got married in 2000 so by my count this will be our 13th year of marriage. I don't recall any really serious fights and the longest argument has maybe lasted 10 minutes in all these years.

I was in 3-5 multi year relationships and 100's of lets bang each other for a few weeks prior to meeting Ruth. What can I say she is without out a doubt the smartest woman I have ever been with. She understands my needs and I understand hers and we support each other. She does her Dressage Competitions and I try to be at all of them cheering her on and helping her get ready and cleaning up her gear afterwards. She makes sure I have the Road and mountain bikes I want and kicks me out of the house on a regular basis to go ride with my buddies. We also go Camping, Fly Fishing , biking and backpacking together. It the only marriage for either of us and we are having a ball.

Like IAB and MBC we only have fur bearing kids

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Discuss what you want things to be like.
So what happens when you have this discusion and figure out you want different things? Like she wants a house in the country and you don't want to drive an hour to find a store? Yet only a few years earlier living near the city was awesome and cool.

Do you suck it up and move to the country and resent her for the rest of your days for making you live out there?

Or do you not move and listen to her resent you for crushing her dream?

People change, plans change, life changes. Sometimes you change together, sometimes you change apart.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My parents got divorced when I was 5, and i turned out AWESOME. I have trouble not choking girls during sex, I want to fight a group of midgets or children, When I rarely drink things go from sober to warp speed (which usually included thing being broken or stolen) and I'd rather hang with my dog than people.

see, it works out best for the whole group.
My parents divorced when I was 7 and I'm fine. I'm more ****ed I was raised by 2 people with 2 opposite presonalities so I'm a bit bipolar.

Jun 4, 2012
New Jersey
Most of the people that I know who have divorced wind up with a carbon copy of the mate they ran away from...

Nah.. its not true! People tend to fall for someone who has different shortcomings, slightly variant issues and other errors!
Its just all about acknowledging that everyone is born with mistakes and shortcomings, you need to accept this and give some space to the other person for their follies too!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am def not going for a carbon copy, seems the one I am looking to now is the exact opposite, that's a good thing. The current is not afraid to get dirty, go camping, hiking, fishing, riding, get outside, shoot animals for food, field strip a deer, help clean the fish......... go home get cleaned up and be a woman.........So far so good... we will see

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Truth

That's been issue for us, actually.
I want the country ..she don't.
We found a compromise.
Not everyone does.
Dude, that's almost a haiku. :rofl:

I want sustainable, she wants off the map. It sucks, but that isn't the only issue.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm way late to this party. My divorce was great. The marriage was not a good idea in the first place. We got all swept up in emotion real fast. Four months into it, we called it quits. The paperwork went through fine and dandy, with minimal arguments. It still sucked, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, by a long shot. Years later, we have remained good friends, and now realize that is how it should have been the whole time. It was a good starter marriage for each of us, but neither of us has gone down for round two.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Dakar is ridiculous...

Not for the man who isn't 100% committed.

Which I am.

Gonna be a long 8.5 months...

Bright side: home in 10 days!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
If anyone wants to give their S.O. the proverbial I hope you die letter. I'm officially offering my services to write said letter. What I can guarantee you. It'll be offensive, like a redtube video of someone ****ting in a babies mouth offensive, it will probably break some record for expletives, it will certainly string together groups of words your S.O. has possibly never heard referring their body, personality and and sexual organs. What it probably won't do is give the other party any insight as to why the relationship didn't develop further, and what your true feelings are.

This service is more of a instant ender type thing, like going head-on into a telephone in a porsche speedster. The will be guts, blood and brains everywhere. I'll hold nothing back, hell I don't even care about your situation I just like talking the absolute worst ****. You can give me names, specifics or nothing. I don't even care I'm not going to read your ****ing sob story either. This is about me and my desire to be a insufferable prick.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If anyone wants to give their S.O. the proverbial I hope you die letter. I'm officially offering my services to write said letter. What I can guarantee you. It'll be offensive, like a redtube video of someone ****ting in a babies mouth offensive, it will probably break some record for expletives, it will certainly string together groups of words your S.O. has possibly never heard referring their body, personality and and sexual organs. What it probably won't do is give the other party any insight as to why the relationship didn't develop further, and what your true feelings are.

This service is more of a instant ender type thing, like going head-on into a telephone in a porsche speedster. The will be guts, blood and brains everywhere. I'll hold nothing back, hell I don't even care about your situation I just like talking the absolute worst ****. You can give me names, specifics or nothing. I don't even care I'm not going to read your ****ing sob story either. This is about me and my desire to be a insufferable prick.
Sounds like a lot of work when four little words will to the trick, "your shoes are ugly".

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
I aim for the kind of hurt that'll have them sitting infront of a mirror, legs spread asking her girlfriends if it actually reminds them of a trench in ww1 or contemplating if it actually tastes like ham soaked in a bucket of mop water.

Last edited:
Been married 10 years now to Wife #1. We've been to about 20 weddings since we met and about half have already ended in divorce. I figure with every one of those, our statistical odds of success increase. I like our odds too simply because I am too lazy to go through a divorce. Like I tell MBC, if you're only going to do something a few times in your life, do it right.
11 years.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
At a certain point I understand some of the anger I'm reading here. Women have done me wrong too.

But I think that the sort of vitriol I am seeing here is best reserved for the individual woman who did you wrong, not the entire gender. I, for one, don't like the idea of a day without women in it, no matter how goofy some of them are. I guess if I didn't I could have turned over to the pressures of my gay rugby team a long time ago.

It does concern me to see this much anger directed towards the entire gender. They're not all bat****. They didn't all sell us false bills of goods. Hell, in my situation I am the one that wronged her, so by Ohio's standard I should be anticipating an email from one of her friends (and I think there are a couple who would relish the opportunity at the moment) telling me how my dick looks like a shriveled up roll of dimes and that I am underhung in every possible way.

All I am saying is keep the bile for the ho's who deserve it, not the entire gender.