Quantcast

DHers are Good Peeps (Kontry folks too)long

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
My faith in humanity has been restored after this weekend.
Sunday morning, I was on my way to Windrock which is a 3+ hour drive for me, I look down at my temp. guage in my Honda, and it is suddenly pinned past redline. I immediately pulled over at a gas station, and was stranded.
The guys I was meeting to ride with were already riding and once my car cooled down, I realized that my radiator would not hold any water at all, and that I was basically screwed. It was Sunday and nothing was open.
Some guy with a mechanic shirt on walks over and we start talking. He was very helpful, and he ended up pinpointing that something like a small rock went through the grill of my car, and busted my radiator. You could see the hole. I just shook my head and said if $hit was luck, I would be constipated. So this "good ole boy" then offers to drive me 15 minutes to Windrock so I can meet up with my buddies. It was a super nice thing to do, and the only downside was me having to hear about his troubles with his "old lady." So,
I got all Dr. Phil on him, it was the least I could do.
Anway, so we get there, and I see Spoke80, and tell him what went down.
He immediately offers to take me and get all my gear from my car, so I can ride. After that, he shuttles me up the hill all day in his truck. He broke a der. earlier that day, and was chillin'. Unreal.
Then, Profro tells me that he has a car trailer and can tow my car back to his house, and then take me to the Honda place first thing Monday morning, and I can just stay with him.
Then on Monday, I found out after sitting there for 4 hours that Honda does not have the part, and they have to overnight it from Ohio. So Profro takes me to lunch, then drives me back to his place, throws down 7 MTB DVD's for me to watch and then heads off back to work. That night he and his wife took me out to a sweet pizza joint and actually bought me dinner.
Then, me, Profro, and Spoke80 went into Knoxville for a street ride on UT's campus. It was sweet. I found out two things. I still can't ride street and college girls are getting their skirts from Baby Gap. Who hoo!!
Finally, Honda has my car ready around noon on Tuesday. My car only has 32,000 miles on it, but evidently "road debris" is not covered under warranty,
so they charged me $472 for their bad design that let a small pebble do that much damage. Bad Giant Honda, Bad Bad!!
But back to the point, the hospitality I was shown this weekend was unreal in this day and age, where you can't even leave your bike unlocked for 5 minutes without some douche baloon stealing it.
It is great to have friends like that, and he11, even a cool azz stranger who went out of his way for me.
2 thumbs up for you guys and thanks again!! :thumb: :thumb:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
What kind of honda do you have?

I need to find a Honda car that I can road trip in. My girlfriend wont let me put a rack on her civic :) I tried already

My truck gets sucky gas mileage. Need a Honda

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Spunger said:
What kind of honda do you have?

I need to find a Honda car that I can road trip in. My girlfriend wont let me put a rack on her civic :) I tried already

My truck gets sucky gas mileage. Need a Honda
Um, its an 02 Si hatchback.
I have a Sportwork rack on the bike, and it works great.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Jeremy,
Do you have a hitch on the back? If so, is it a 1 1/4" and does it seem pretty sturdy with your DH bike on it? Thanks :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Jeremy R said:
and college girls are getting their skirts from Baby Gap. Who hoo!!
Liquid Knoxville was bumping and bubbling. :drool:

The best was the two blonde girls trying to parallel park that car. :stosh:

Oh BTW, it was our pleasure helping you out. I actually felt bad that I couldn't haul you over the mountains myself.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
DRB said:
Maybe you should put a big a$$ cow catcher on that rice rocket and protect that paper mache radiator.
Yeah, well I guess I should not complain about the money, you probaly spent $472 is gas this month alone filling up your Saudi approved Big American truck!
Everytime you fill up, the royals get all stoked and by theirselves even sillier looking headwear. :blah: :blah:

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
llkoolkeg said:
southern hospitality.
All my players in the house that can buy the bar
And the ballin ass niggas wit the candy cars
If you a pimp and you know you don't love them hoes
When you get on the flo nigga throw them 'bows
All my women in the house if you chasing cash
And you got some big titties wit a matching ass
Wit ya fly ass boots or ya open toes
When ya get on the flo nigga throw them 'bows

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Yeah, well I guess I should not complain about the money, you probaly spent $472 is gas this month alone filling up your Saudi approved Big American truck!
Everytime you fill up, the royals get all stoked and by theirselves even sillier looking headwear. :blah: :blah:
Hell yeah... I get Mummar Auto Shop to detune it to ensure super crappy gas mileage at least once a month. I even put a "I Support Terrorism" bumper sticker next to my Rebel flag on the bumper of my Japanese car crushing bumper.

Does that little yugo of yours even burn gas or do you just wind it up every morning? :nuts: :dancing: :D

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
LOL man if you spend $400 a month on gas you definately need another car.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You can't pick a better place to break down than the country. I ran out of gas one time in Amish country. I hitch hiked to the gas station and back. Got picked up by the first car and the guy at the gas station let me use his gas can even though I only had enough cash for a few gallons. (I was 16)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
DRB said:
Hell yeah... I get Mummar Auto Shop to detune it to ensure super crappy gas mileage at least once a month. I even put a "I Support Terrorism" bumper sticker next to my Rebel flag on the bumper of my Japanese car crushing bumper.

Does that little yugo of yours even burn gas or do you just wind it up every morning? :nuts: :dancing: :D
It runs on the spilled blood of people who fight over oil.
Supply is so huge that is cost 10 cent to a gallon! :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Wow!

I drive a Ford F250 with a diesel. I average around a $160/month in fuel and my wife drives a 4 dr Explorer and she averages around $140/month.

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
What if you try and drive it like your mom would?

Sh*t I can drain $200+ month in my Acura Integra easily, but my right foot ain't light, and gas milage goes out the window once you get it up near 7k rpm's. :D

(I do live in Phx and the gas I buy is still around $2.20+)

Great to hear there are still some kind people out there!

stoney98 said:
Dude, how's about $300 a month? That's with a Toyota too! Albeit a tundra, it's still brutal. I can't even imagine a domestic....

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
You got screwed on the radiator, unless you got a brand new 4 core with an electric fan.

As far as gas milege.....AHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

i have a 78 bronco with a big block....Best i ever had was 8.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Spunger said:
LOL man if you spend $400 a month on gas you definately need another car.

Lets see

97 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.9l Magnum, 13 mpg, 74 miles round trip to/from work 5x a week .. thats 28.5 gallons a week if I drive nowhere but work and home. $1.78 a gallon here where I fill up, so thats $51 a week .. only ~$200 a month for work only. Now I remember why I gave the wife the truck and took the Grand Prix GT, 29 MPG and still carry the bikes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In light of all the trash I've seen in the parking lot at Northstar the last two weekends and some of the less than friendly driving antics leaving the place, I'm glad to hear there are some good humans in the sport. Keep it up guys.