Quantcast

day after turkey day gfmt

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, you little turkeys. I was up early today to go swim 2000 yards. Now, I am at WORK. You do what ya gotta do. 65 degrees today means I'll be exiting this place in the early afternoon so I can go for a road ride.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife felt sick overnight but I didn't. Baby was confused as to why she stopped feeding her all of a sudden. I was enlisted to try to feed and calm the baby. She stared at me with a concerned look ("why am I seeing daddy overnight? this is weird") for a few minutes and then decided it was ok and smiled, after which she went back to sleep.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nephews stayed at parents....brothers ridgeback spent the first two hours after they had gotten home looking for the kids.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
nephews stayed at parents....brothers ridgeback spent the first two hours after they had gotten home looking for the kids.....
I love ridgebacks. Very, very protective and pack oriented.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Quick solo ride to flush the toxins.
Another 3-400miles probably needed.

Yelled at by a hiker who was 'scared I was going to hurt myself', yelled at by some dirt roadies who I encountered at the bottom of a blind chute which they were at bottom of as I barreled down, ran over a huge dog shit which spackled my shins and bike.

Hopefully mounting some fresh tires this afternoon. Need to drag my lazy assed kids outside on this amazing 60* day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
High.
It is White Friday for me. :D
My first days skiing this winter were better than my best two last season & it is still snowing.
prolly hit heavenly later today after(if) the masses thin out & kirkwood tomorrow or sunday.
Visiblity was spooky.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I want to see if I can find somewhere with 3-4" of snow locally to take Haley out to on her skis.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I want to see if I can find somewhere with 3-4" of snow locally to take Haley out to on her skis.
consider any small hill, maybe over by the dog park?
also think about how you're going to dial back her steeze, or she'll likely be flipping and jibbing everything in sight.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well out here lots of 3-4yo's are often very well versed in groomed snow skiing.

My point is that snow at a park will likely be VERY difficult to do any actual skiing on for a little kid. Other than going straight down the hill and then crashing.

NTTAWWT. :D
what does not kill them makes them stronger...:D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Anyone still riding bikes? We had unseasonably hot upper 60s today which was a shock for my feeble body that is now adopted to lower 30s. I had a good technical solo ride, then panko crusted pork chops (fried cheese for wifey) and now sipping Sculpin.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still riding here.

It has been raining here since last night. No worries though, still went and rode. Surprisingly, I wasn't covered in mud head to toe. Some did make it inside of my jacket though... :clapping:

It was literally me and one other hiker in entire forest today. I put on some music (yeah I know, trail etiquette...) and cruised all the trails.

I am pretty sure I need a new chain, judging from the grinding sound it now makes.

Ardents didn't let me down today. Note how clear of the wet mud they are. :busted:

The dork logger says that today was my 103rd ride this year. Not bad for only starting to ride in July and for being a phattymcphat.