Quantcast

Customer Services Lives!

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
With all the bad press generated by poor customer service on this board, I just had to post a good experience.

I had a slight manufacturer's defect in my Hematomas so I called Frank and Stripe3.com to tell him about it. He said to ship them back and he would take care of it. I did, and before I could contemplate being out the cost of shipping, a brand new pair showed up shipped 2 day air! :D

I think people are more motivated to post when angered but I just had to let people know that there are good experiences too.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
The companies I've had top notch CS from
- Turner
- Rock Shox (believe it or not)
- Evil/E13
- Romic
- Hope
- Truvativ
- Michelin
- and most recently Marzocchi

I've had good experiences with other companies as well, but never had to deal with their CS.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I just recently had really good customer service with White Brothers - fast, friendly, courteous, and they gave me a deal to boot on an older adapter I need to run fork guards on my older DH2 - one side is prepped for the guards, the other (disc side) wasn't. Tim was great to deal with on the phone and hooked me up with the part I needed to protect my stanchions.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
I know it's kinda out of place in the DH forum, but it's also a good CS story. So 11 days ago, I'm riding home from work on my Redline CX bike, and I hear this funny sound. Flip it over, driveside chainstay is cracked through by the weld by the BB shell. Call Redline up, tell them, and less than 2 weeks later, I have a new frame in hand built up, and now I have to ship them back the broken frame, as they sent me the replacement without seein the broken one. As an added bonus, they also sent a new BB for free, as I couldn't get the one out of the broken frame.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
My good CS experience list:

Banshee
Turner
Marzocchi
Romic
Risse
Fox
Hayes
Avid
Crank Brothers

Not all my CS needs have been due to broken stuff either..... Some has been from things as simple as setup help or requests for missing parts (things ive lost...)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Kudos to these companies and their CS:

Fox shocks
Race Face
Progressive Suspension
Marzocchi

Honestly, these are the only DH companies I have ever had to deal with. I had one bad experience from another company but it all worked out in the end so I won't bad mouth them.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
I've had great luck with those co's:
:thumb:
-stratos
-fox
-ellsworth
-'zocchi
-race face
-betd (for my '99 giant, now sold)
-ADG components (custom linkage for NRS/AC)
-romic

So-so luck with those :blah:
-hayes (took over a month to get defective brake replaced) :(
-giant (kind of slow... customer service reps don't know much as they should)

The not so cool crowd. :stosh:
-rock shox (3 month wait for rear shock & lots of bs stories, how bad is that?)
-spin (4 month wait to get wheels... went belly-up, no wonder :think:)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've had good service from progressive. I've only had to deal with warranty issues one other time and that was mediocre, I won't mention the company since this isn't the thread for that.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
wow you people warrenty or brake lots of things. only people ive had to deal with is progressive which was a great experience and i was going to warrenty an e.thirteen bashgaurd i cracked but didnt end up sending it it cause didnt wanna not have a bashgaurd for a while so i just got a new one. might see about trying to warrenty that bashgaurd now. :)

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
These are distributors not the actual companies (cos I'm not in the US/canadia), but anyway:

Good experiences: Manitou, Iron Horse
Semi-decent experiences: SRAM
Bad experiences: Norco. I swear I will never buy another Norco again.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Threepointtwo said:
I think people are more motivated to post when angered but I just had to let people know that there are good experiences too.
Heh, I was just about to do the same thing when I noticed this thread. :thumb:

My first ever warranty item just arrived and I'm blistering happy.
A hearty thank you to Marzocchi for getting my fork back in under
two weeks. :heart:

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
So far i have had great service from these companies:

Banshee (overnighted a crash replacement frame i needed for a race, told me to send the broken one in "when i could get around to it")

Ironhorse

Evil/E13

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
A buddy of mine has an older 222. The shock pivot mount on the frame had wallowed out (he's a real big boy -- the ground shakes when he lands). I reckon he was the second or third owner, so the frame was way out of warranty for ownership and age.

Dave Merten, the SoCal distributor, took the frame back, stripped it down, had it repaired, sandblasted and powdercoated custom colors for dirt cheap.

That rocks.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
thaflyinfatman said:

What happened? I got one a few months ago and have yet to need any help from them. I know they're huge as distrubuters and as a brand and run the gamut from low to high end bikes. I would think CS would be a priortity. What should I expect based on your experience?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
thaflyinfatman said:
These are distributors not the actual companies (cos I'm not in the US/canadia), but anyway:

Good experiences: Manitou
Semi-decent experiences: SRAM
Norco sucks. I hate the fact I have to deal with them for anything warrantied under their umbrella of distributions (especially marzocchi products) I will never buy a norco.

I never really deal direct with manufacturers. MY warranties get dealt with at the shop. So I have had good experiences :)

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
The warranty guy, Tony Smith, at Sun Ringle needs a :nuts: It took him over 2 months and 4 phone calls to get him to send me a warrantied freehub body.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Roasted said:
Norco sucks. I hate the fact I have to deal with them for anything warrantied under their umbrella of distributions (especially marzocchi products) I will never buy a norco.
Norco bikes and the catalogue distribution side are seperate. The Norco products (bikes and components) are supposed to be quite good; my LBS you just switched to them is extremely impressed with their dealings, and in fact switched to their line because of it (ditching Kona in the process).

V

Vermont

Pacific Bikes sucks...(they bought schwinn and GT) my GT frame cracked on chainstay by the bottom bracket...lifetime warranty?...forget it,.. LBS where i bought it and had done business for 10 yrs wouldn't touch it.
I have good experiences with some online mail order co's replacing, fixing stuff, upping my shipping to overnight; 2 day, etc. JensonUsa, Supergo, pricepoint and Cambria being on top of my list...just thought i would make a comment this thread seemed appropriate

peace

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Vermont said:
Pacific Bikes sucks...(they bought schwinn and GT) my GT frame cracked on chainstay by the bottom bracket...lifetime warranty?...forget it,.. LBS where i bought it and had done business for 10 yrs wouldn't touch it. peace
ya GT used to have kick ass service..in the 13 plus years I rode their bikes they always took care of me almost to the point that I was an employee there...but things really changed once they go bought by Pacific. After calling them like every frekkin' 2 days for like 3 months in order to deal with my broken DHi I finally decided to throw in the towel go with a more reliable company - TURNER.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Just to throw this thread back to what it was intended for (Good experiences with CS): My Freehub that came as stock on my Iron Horse started to die, so I called the shop where I had bought it. He called IH and I had and entire new wheel (even the rotor) within a week!!!

That is why when I get a new FS bike, it will be an Iron Horse! :love:

V

Vermont

ya baby,
I replaced my GT with an Iron Horse as well and so far so good. I've been riding for 3 months all is good ;)

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
DHracer1067 said:
wow you people warrenty or brake lots of things. only people ive had to deal with is progressive which was a great experience and i was going to warrenty an e.thirteen bashgaurd i cracked but didnt end up sending it it cause didnt wanna not have a bashgaurd for a while so i just got a new one. might see about trying to warrenty that bashgaurd now. :)

How did you crack it?

-dAn

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
my list of good cs....
white brothers
white industries
hope
michelin
gt
kooka

bad cs
mrp (before they were bought out by eko sport)
crank bros
sram/rockshox

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
zedro said:
Norco bikes and the catalogue distribution side are seperate. The Norco products (bikes and components) are supposed to be quite good; my LBS you just switched to them is extremely impressed with their dealings, and in fact switched to their line because of it (ditching Kona in the process).
That's kind of been my limited experience as well. I ordered a frame through a shop in colorado (not where I live) and norco was willing to ship me a frame straight to my house. I called them and asked for a few derailleur hangers and a few days later 2 showed up. No charge from canada even. Kind of hard to separete norco megacorp distributers from the solitary bike brand I guess.

Back on topic

tuner
speciaized
truvativ

All have sent me parts without recieving broken ones back.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
kidwoo said:
What happened? I got one a few months ago and have yet to need any help from them. I know they're huge as distrubuters and as a brand and run the gamut from low to high end bikes. I would think CS would be a priortity. What should I expect based on your experience?
2002 Norco Team DH, cracked on the underside of the chainstays (as heaps of them have). LBS called up the distributors (Norco Australia) and they said "Has it been ridden off-road?"
"No, you dumb motherf***ers, I bought your flagship DH bike to ride to work."
"Warranty is void if it's been ridden off-road."
Eventually the LBS pressured them into giving warranty (they're one of, if not the biggest Norco dealers in the country so they have a bit of sway).

However, they also refused warranty on a 2003 125 (dirtjump bike) that was broken... by dirtjumping! I've ridden with the dude who owned it, and he's a light guy, pretty smooth, and had normal SC forks and whatnot on there. He doesn't abuse his bike(s), and that's a fully legitimate warranty claim as far as I'm concerned.

They also refused warranty on another Norco that I had a couple of years ago, but that one was at least debatable (and probably should have been the shop's problem for improper setup), and for their sake I've given them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, they've just got total bullshït product backup. Unfortunately they now bring in e13 stuff, which is unfairly starting to drag down e13's reputation over here - heaps of people don't want to buy them because they (correctly) don't think they're going to get ANY aftermarket support at all.

Then there's all the other dumb stuff Norco Au have done that isn't related to purely customer service. Like preselling about 30% more Sasquatches than they even had coming into the country... but I won't go into that.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Roasted said:

I never really deal direct with manufacturers. MY warranties get dealt with at the shop. So I have had good experiences :)
Yeah, over here it's the distributor we have to deal with (thru the LBS), and they're just shït to deal with. As I mentioned above tho, they also bring in e13 so I can't totally circumvent them unfortunately - but a lot of people do anyway.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'll add Titec to the list. Just helped me out with a seat warranty issue yesterday. And they been very helpful every other time I've talked to their customer service.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nice on the redline, that's pretty impressive.

I had good service recently from Planet X, who I dissed before. I needed a new axle and they sent me two, plus a bearing kit, for the price of one axle (25). I don't know if that was their mistake, but I couldn't decide on alu vs. cromo, and now I have both.

Thumbs up PX. :thumb:

(wish my axle hadn't split in the first place though :rolleyes:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
anyone have the number for marz? i called the number they told me to call, but it just sounded like a fax on the other end.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Acadian said:
MARZOCCHI USA
25213 Anza Drive
Valencia, CA 91355
Phone: 1.661.257.6630
Fax: 1.661.257.6636

www.marzocchi.com

Chris,
It may be in your best interest to upgrade to a DJ3. We can give you a
quote over the phone at (661)227-6630

Best regards,
Marzocchi Staff

:think:

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
i pretty much ride things broken if i cant fix it my self...the one exception has been FOES.

man...i couldnt asked more of such a small company, they jumped through loops trying to get this poor college kid back on a ride.

im a happy new owner of a fly. i went from a 1998 dhs tube that i cracked with in the first 3 months (found out it had already been heat treated 3 times, so couldnt do it again) to an 03 fly (they even threw in an mrp guide...hella sweet).