Quantcast

CT: 27 dead including 18 kids in CT school shooting. There are no words - WTF?!

Aug 23, 2011
Ok...let's do this really slow.

A gun.

A knife.

Gun makes lots of bullets go into kids, really fast.

Knife takes much, much longer to damage kids.not really, you know..that vein in the neck......?

Gun can shoot innocent children from a short distance, or a long distance.

Knife needs kids to be close.

Gun can help insane person gain quick access to school full of children.

Knife might take much longer, as it is a bad lock picking device. I dont think you can do that with a pistol.. Shotgun..yes

Gun made to kill many people, rapidly.

Knife made to cut things.good observation!

Gun can be used to murder many, many people before cops show up. you said the samething twice..22 kids stabbed in China that is invaild. A knife makes no noise.

Knife can be used to murder much, much less people than gun before cops show up.

Gun can be used by coward for suicide when cops show up.so can a stab wound, right to the heart..and again you said the samething twice

Knife can also be used by coward for suicied, but is much less effective and might take much longer.

Gun related deaths in USA, including children, per year: 8-10k

Knife and other cutting instrument related deaths in USA, including children, per year: less than 2k thats because we have guns to use, look at how much knife crime goes down in the uk..guess why? because they can't get guns..it's a trade off.

Number of mass killings at schools in the USA that involved guns: ALL

Number of mass killings at schools in the USA that involved knives: NONE

Ok? Now shut the fvck up with the comparisons. Seriously.
No, I think i'll keep going.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2011
No I think you anti-gun folks will cry about your picture. Why are my arguments baseless? Because you dont agree with them. Go cry somemore.

Aug 23, 2011
Becaue guns are more effective, no one is going to argue that. But what is the trade off? More knife crime and the bad guys will still posses the firearms.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If knives are so effective why are guns the primary weapon of the military from the 1600's to modern day?
He's a genius, law enforcement and military all around can slash their budgets overnight with knives...

Becaue guns are more effective, no one is going to argue that. But what is the trade off? More knife crime and the bad guys will still posses the firearms.
There is zero evidence to support that more guns will make you safer, either between states or countries. US states that have strict gun control (meaning assault weapon bans, trigger locks, or safe storage requirements) also have lower rates of gun violence. You got nothing.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
local gun shop....

Gun buyers have flooded other firearms retailers too. The Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte, North Carolina, racked up more than $1 million in sales yesterday for the best single-day performance since the store opened in 1959, according to Justin Anderson, director of online sales. At the top of shoppers’ lists was the Bushmaster AR-15, the model of rifle used at Newtown that sells for as much as $4,000 and had almost sold out, he said.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
1. A non-essential right? What right do you think it is that secures the rest of your freedoms?
I don't know how I've managed to live a life of freedom in a bunch of countries without the 'essential' right of owning a gun.

Aug 23, 2011
He's a genius, law enforcement and military all around can slash their budgets overnight with knives...

There is zero evidence to support that more guns will make you safer, either between states or countries. US states that have strict gun control (meaning assault weapon bans, trigger locks, or safe storage requirements) also have lower rates of gun violence. You got nothing.
Yep. WRONG. I see CA right there at number four. You're an idiot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Yep. WRONG. I see CA right there at number four. You're an idiot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state
That's a single year junior, you fail statistics. This has been analyzed much more deeply than checking one year of numbers including numerous meta analyses

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/the-geography-of-gun-deaths/69354/

See here for the newest, CA was 13th lowest in 2009: http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=113&cat=2

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Sorry, go back and read mine again. 2009 is two years older then 2011..good try though.
Did you read your link from wikipedia, it clearly notes its from a single year, 2004:

1 Murder in United States by state (2004)
2 See also
3 Sources
Murder in United States by state (2004)

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I see some raw numbers in the far left..1,220 for CA second place goes to Texas at 699
And raw numbers alone have nothing to do with murder rates. Within states or between countries, greater gun ownership in developed countries has never reduced homicide rates. If you check out the OECD numbers the US has an obvious problem from our gun culture - we enjoy rates more similar to developing nations (ie third world).

You and your nutjob friends can move to Nigeria. Its just what you deserve.

Aug 23, 2011
And raw numbers alone have nothing to do with murder rates. Within states or between countries, greater gun ownership in developed countries has never reduced homicide rates. If you check out the OECD numbers the US has an obvious problem from our gun culture - we enjoy rates more similar to developing nations (ie third world).

You and your nutjob friends can move to Nigeria. Its just what you deserve.

I dont remember saying they did reduce homicide rates, your the one who said the states with strict gun laws have less crime and I proved you wrong by showing you CA's numbers. Lol what I deserve..

http://gunssavelives.net/

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ok, have fun! Because in reality guns shoot themself right?
No, unfortunately the reality in the USA is that many guns are owned and operated by fvckface dimwitted retards. The same ones who concentrate on and argue about their own personal right to compensate for their small dick by hoarding weapons, over the welfare of their country, community and it's children.

Carry on brother.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I dont remember saying they did reduce homicide rates, your the one who said the states with strict gun laws have less crime and I proved you wrong by showing you CA's numbers. Lol what I deserve.
Strict gun laws in that article are defined as one of those three criteria (trigger locks, assault bans, or safe requirements) and the US numbers still show the state laws work, so you haven't changed anything.

I have relatives in GA that are as ignorant as you are but I enjoy 1/3 the gun crime and significantly lower crime overall despite living in a much more densely populated state - their guns have netted them nothing. I live in a safer, freer community with less crime - gated communities - what's that? Not much to be proud of though if you compare to almost any other OECD nation.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2011
No, unfortunately the reality in the USA is that many guns are owned and operated by fvckface dimwitted retards. The same ones who concentrate on and argue about their own personal right to compensate for their small dick by hoarding weapons, over the welfare of their country, community and it's children.

Carry on brother.
Yeahhh tough guy!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW - even I am smart enough not to get into a numbers argument with syadasti. Homeboy lives for that sh1t.

Aug 23, 2011
Then have 'home boy' find me some that show what % of gun related crime in America is gang related.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Then have 'home boy' find me some that show what % of gun related crime in America is gang related.
If gun control is resulting in less homicide, its irrelevant.

And the US isn't the only OECD nation in the world with gangs and yet its murder rates are at the top...

I've posted this site before, but here is another good section - they don't prevent crime:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/research/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-threats-and-self-defense-gun-use/index.html

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Your arguments are baseless because they're nothing more than regurgitated NRA and Right Wing talking points. The car analogy attempt and the knife comparison are not even your ideas.

I'll try to break it down a little further for you.

When a driver gets behind the wheel their intention is transportation to where ever the want to go. In the unfortunate event of a collision with resulting injuries it's called an accident because it was unintentional. When a homicidal/suicidal maniac acquires an assault rifle, whether illegally or legally, their intent is to inflict harm. There is a big difference between the two scenarios and if you don't see that then you are being purposely obtuse or you're an idiot.

Same goes for the knife comparison. The difference of efficiency in killing between an semi-automatic weapon and a knife is observable by most reasonable adults.

Aug 23, 2011
Your arguments are baseless because they're nothing more than regurgitated NRA and Right Wing talking points. The car analogy attempt and the knife comparison are not even your ideas.

I'll try to break it down a little further for you.

When a driver gets behind the wheel their intention is transportation to where ever the want to go. In the unfortunate event of a collision with resulting injuries it's called an accident because it was unintentional. When a homicidal/suicidal maniac acquires an assault rifle, whether illegally or legally, their intent is to inflict harm. There is a big difference between the two scenarios and if you don't see that then you are being purposely obtuse or you're an idiot.

Same goes for the knife comparison. The difference of efficiency in killing between an semi-automatic weapon and a knife is observable by most reasonable adults.
lolol no kidding it wasn't my idea..what if I said it was a snow mobile? Is that better. What is an assault rifle if you dont mind me asking? And all your ideas are how you want to be a nanny state..you know left wing talking points?...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You see, what we are trying to do here is engage in a meaningful discussion by exchanging ideas in an attempt to gain better understanding of one another. Spouting out your political party's talking points with no attempt at an original thought is counter productive to the exercise.