Quantcast

CT: 27 dead including 18 kids in CT school shooting. There are no words - WTF?!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

This one is MY six year old. My heart breaks when I look at him now. I can't imagine anyone who could look at a face full of wonder, joy, and innocence, and put that light out. Our world suffered a tragedy, and I am with all of the other parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, family and friends who are simply thankful to hold their cherished children tight tonight.

There is a lot of valuable opinions and information in this thread, and I have read each post carefully. I agree that we are creating insanity with the way we run our country behind desks. I envy those who are out working with their hands every day. My job is easy, but I am not happy here. And think of all the others who sit behind a desk and never get out to ride bikes/ski/hike/etc... it doesn't take much more to send someone to their tipping point whether they were prone to mental illness or not. The availablility of weapons that make it easy to release that tension from within to the world around us scares me. We own guns, and though I think my husband would disagree, I would sell them in a buy back in a heart beat.

We all have the same desire--to keep our children and loved ones safe. In a country that seems split nearly 50/50 on EVERY matter, I don't know what it will take to change... I just hope something does. And hey, maybe the world will end tomorrow after all... solution granted.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That's your solution for EVERYTHING.

I have other solutions I just don't get all willy nilly and post them here for you to steal......

I am in a holiday mood and you know what that means? I switch from Glitter to Dead Baby Seals. Somehow in the move I misplaced my favorite club sadly....

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I don't want to get you all off-side, I know I'm not an American and this is predominantly a US forum, but I saw this quote today.

D. McDonald said:
Every American that hasn’t vociferously championed improved gun control measures should be ashamed of themselves (again). Your dissociative relationship with gun violence now tolerates periodic massacre, and there is little inclination to engage in evidence based discussions that employ the clear and unequivocally damning statistics on deaths by firearms. All arguments to the contrary are farcical and built upon foolishly sentimental abstractions like ‘patriotism’. The second amendmant was ratified at the end of the 17th century and unlike the other amendments in the bill of rights - it has become outmoded and antiquated. Worse than being antiquated though, it has become an arbiter of violence.

“Guns don’t kill people, people do” - this is the continued and flawed logic of the ignorant. People kill people with guns. The 5 states with the highest gun ownership have the highest gun related death. The 5 states with the lowest gun ownership have the lowest gun related death. America accounts for far more gun related death per capita than the rest of the western world combined. Lobby your government, and challenge those among your peers who seek to make a mockery of your identity as our world’s leader. This must be the imperative of every rational thinker among you. It’s much too sad to watch this story repeat itself with escalating frequency.
‐ D. McDonald

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I found him logical and reasonable...and he did not stoop to name calling and incomplete thoughts.

And referencing Breitbart is on about the same level as referencing Faux Noos...

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Pure gold "...wrote of a number of US mass shootings but failed to mention they were either stopped by a citizen legally carrying a firearm..."

Name one.

Aug 23, 2011
Pure gold "...wrote of a number of US mass shootings but failed to mention they were either stopped by a citizen legally carrying a firearm..."

Name one.
What? I assume they did not become mass shootings because they were stopped prior to escalating to something like that. So many anti gun folks here. Oh wait your all Obama supporters..now I know! Oh we want free stuff..yet you seem to not grasp the concept of tax payers paying for it

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
What? I assume they did not become mass shootings because they were stopped prior to escalating to something like that. So many anti gun folks here. Oh wait your all Obama supporters..now I know! Oh we want free stuff..yet you seem to not grasp the concept of tax payers paying for it
Wait.... you mean stuff needs to be paid for?

But...we pay the taxes...

That means...

OHHH!

Aug 23, 2011
No I just like my freedom to own firearms...like we've been able to for quite sometime. I don't like absolute government control.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
No I just like my freedom to own firearms...like we've been able to for quite sometime. I don't like absolute government control.
I see. So innocent children occasionally being slaughtered so we can keep assault weapons easily available is on ok trade off for you?

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
i lost my temper a little in my reply to amazon a few pages back and thought about apologizing, because i thought it was inappropriate to call him names etc...
i see now that there's no need to apologize.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
**** off go cry and light some candles.
I really fail to understand how anyone can have that kind of callousness towards innocent children, children that we as a community try to protect. It goes against the natural order of things. A pack of wild dogs treats their young better than you ever could.

I can obtain no further knowledge from you, good bye.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Name one plot or planned mass shooting that was stopped by a law abiding citizen carrying a firearm. You assume...we all know what happens when one assumes, right? Only in this case, you are only making an ass out of you...

Take your phallic issues elsewhere.

Aug 23, 2011
May whatever hell you believe in claim you in death.
Already said it was a horrible thing five pages ago. Your the one saying things such as "the killing of the children! It must stop" I already said it was sad, do you want me to say it everytime I post. I said f-off in response to you blaming evil black guns somemore. 'May whatever hell you believe in claim you in death" give me a break.

What about all the people that die everyday from drunk drivers, the people that died in the twin towers. What about them? Oh here something for you. Your evil black assualt rifles were responsible for less deaths then 'personal weapons'..http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Aug 23, 2011
I did read it, you can clearly see that evil black rifles are responsible for less deaths then kicks, punches.. I write back on my ipod 99 percent of the time. Don't worry about my spelling you know what it says. Also how is that post off topic, you blame evil black assault rifles so I gave you statistics from a reliable source.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
y'all need to realize amazon is just a troll. He just trolls threads looking to start a riot. He's done it a few times in the DH forum. I don't know if he even believes the **** he spews, he just likes to play internet tough guy.

I suggest you just neg rep him and put him on your ignore list, you won't be able to win any debate.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"...Scarborough interrupted the Kansas congressman and said, "Let’s talk about September 11th, congressman. Were there some changes made in this country because of the tragedy of September 11th? Was that just using a tragedy -- 3,000 deaths -- to try to make Americans safer?"

Since 9/11, no more planes have been used as suicide weapons against us...how many mass shootings have there been by equally deranged idiots?

Still waiting for you to tell me about how many active shooter incidents have been ended by Joe Citizen packing heat...