Quantcast

CT: 27 dead including 18 kids in CT school shooting. There are no words - WTF?!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-report-of-school-shooting-in-conn/

NEWTOWN, Conn. (CBSNewYork) – At least 26 people are dead, including 18 children, after a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Friday morning, CBS News reported.

Officials said the gunman is dead and two guns have been recovered. A law enforcement official said the suspect is a 20-year-old man with ties to the school.

A second suspect has been taken into police custody, CBS News reported.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
So freaking F'd up! I saw an article on another news site that said the one gunman who is dead was believed to be a parent of one of the students at the school. But obviously nothing is confirmed yet since it just happened a while ago.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently they caught the second gunman? I'm shocked that he was caught, and not killed while being apprehended.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It hasn't even been 4 hours since this hit the news. I've read three different news articles so far, and every single one has had a comment to the effect of "ITS NOT THE GUNS! PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE! BLAH BLAH BLAH!". I'm sorry, if you hear that 20 plus people, including kids have been shot, and your first response is to think of the guns, you might have your priorities in the wrong place. Fvcking sick. :(

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
My rant about this.

If you want to take me out, or other adults, fine. Not saying taking anyone out is right, however, to go to an ELEMENTARY school and take out children??? What's difficult for me is to know that, under our forgiving God, this low life will be accepted, maybe, and be in the same place Alaina is. I'm not going to get all religious about this, just that between this maggot, the Chinese guy that stabbed 30+ children yesterday, Columbine, etc, these people do not deserve a place like upstairs.

It's time like this that I'm glad the Compassionate Friends is around, and yet, I still want it to be a closed group and parents no longer have to join it.

Alaina, say "HI" and introduce your new friends to all the mammoth you play with, ok, princess???

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Killing kids is that proverbial "bridge too far..." Who the **** wants to kill kids? Sickens me.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Does it bother anybody else that there was more than one shooter? I mean when you think of the kind of monster that would go into an elementary school shooting kids for no reason, it is easier to picture someone who is totally psycho suffering from a severe mental illness, but two shooters? They actually sat down and planned this. Unreal.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's a good thing we ended terrorism by invading Iraq. There is nothing more terrifying than this...for a parent, for an adult, for a regular person. Absolutely horrifying.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It hasn't even been 4 hours since this hit the news. I've read three different news articles so far, and every single one has had a comment to the effect of "ITS NOT THE GUNS! PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE! BLAH BLAH BLAH!". I'm sorry, if you hear that 20 plus people, including kids have been shot, and your first response is to think of the guns, you might have your priorities in the wrong place. Fvcking sick. :(
I agree - and this goes for BOTH sides...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I am still stunned. Due to a previous situation at his school, the term "lockdown" has entered this 5 year old's lexicon. So sad.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Awful. :( I can't even imagine what those families are going through.

Newton is about an hour from us.

I've become pretty numb to all the bad news that gets reported every day, but this is just another whole level of WTF.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
This has been absolutely heartbreaking. I can&#8217;t imagine what those parents are going through.

When I heard about Columbine and such they saddened me but this has affected me on a whole other level. Maybe it&#8217;s because I&#8217;m older, a father of an elementary aged child or something else&#8230;..but I&#8217;ve really struggled since I heard that news and learned the details not to bail out of work today and go get my kids and my wife and wrap my arms around them.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I wonder how many of those pro-gun posters would hold fast to their statements if their child had been murdered.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
While I do not believe there will (ever) be any meaningful change to current gun control laws, I do think we will start to see police officers roaming the halls of elementary schools in the future. At least where I live, there are already cops in high schools and middle schools - albeit, mainly to break up slap fights.

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Why is that they always kill themselves after the devistation they create. I want
him alive and justice be served. So f'd up.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Why is that they always kill themselves after the devistation they create. I want
him alive and justice be served. So f'd up.
the only justice that could be done is if each parent could serve their own justice on him. dragging a court case out would be torture for the loved ones (so i would assume)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
This has been absolutely heartbreaking. I can&#8217;t imagine what those parents are going through.

&#8230;..but I&#8217;ve really struggled since I heard that news and learned the details not to bail out of work today and go get my kids and my wife and wrap my arms around them.

Do it any way after you're all together tonight......

Just heard on news-- 20 children, 6 adults, the shooter, and "one other dead at a secondary investigative scene". What's with possible 2nd cowardly camo-ed dude?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
This has been absolutely heartbreaking. I can’t imagine what those parents are going through.

…..but I’ve really struggled since I heard that news and learned the details not to bail out of work today and go get my kids and my wife and wrap my arms around them.

Do it any way after you're all together tonight......

Just heard on news-- 20 children, 6 adults, the shooter, and "one other dead at a secondary investigative scene". What's with possible 2nd cowardly camo-ed dude?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

When I heard about Columbine and such they saddened me but this has affected me on a whole other level. Maybe it&#8217;s because I&#8217;m older, a father of an elementary aged child or something else&#8230;..but I&#8217;ve really struggled since I heard that news and learned the details not to bail out of work today and go get my kids and my wife and wrap my arms around them.
:stupid:

I go home in 45 minutes. Can barely wait.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
and this exactly what I want.
And what does that constitue? How do you exact "Justice" on somebody who murders 20 kids? Serious question. What could possibly be the equivalent? In cases like this, the shooter dying at the scene is probably best for everyone, if such a thing is possible.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
If I was one of those parents, you can have all the "justice" you want, but it doesn't bring your child back. God forbid I'm ever in a situation like that the last thing on my mind will be justice....I'd prefer to use that mental time and energy to remember and honor my child.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
While I do not believe there will (ever) be any meaningful change to current gun control laws, I do think we will start to see police officers roaming the halls of elementary schools in the future. At least where I live, there are already cops in high schools and middle schools - albeit, mainly to break up slap fights.
sh*t man there were police in the middle schools where i went to school a decade ago