Quantcast

congrats to ih8rice

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Back when I was a kid, I used to be thoroughly upset when the mail didn't come, or it was all flyer junkmail crap. My parents would always say "just wait until you look forward to those days". I never knew WTF they were talking about until I bought a house.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Don't forget it's more republican fvckery

"Fast forward to December 2006 H.R. 6407; The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act was passed in the Republican-controlled Senate two days after it was introduced in the Republican-controlled House. It was subsequently signed into law by Republican George W. Bush. One of the provisions in this hastily passed law requires the USPS to prefund ALL of it's retirees health benefits 75 years into the future. That's right. The USPS is supposed to set aside money for the future health benefits for people that haven't even been born yet. The USPS has $11.5 billion due in two payments on August 1 and September 30. On August 1 the Postmaster General will announce that USPS cannot make its payment."

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Fact: GEICO sends a piece of mail to every single household in America once per month on average. Goverment Employees Insurance Company Ostandsforsomething.

Blame your own government for feeding itself to itself....???

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Fact: GEICO sends a piece of mail to every single household in America once per month on average. Goverment Employees Insurance Company Ostandsforsomething.

Blame your own government for feeding itself to itself....???
GEICO was founded in 1936 by Leo Goodwin, Sr. and his wife Lillian to provide auto insurance directly to federal government employees and their families.[2] Since 1925, Goodwin had worked for USAA, an insurer which specialized in insuring only military personnel; he decided to start his own company after rising as far as a civilian could go in USAA's military-dominated hierarchy. Based on Goodwin's experience at USAA, GEICO's original business model was predicated on the assumption that federal employees as a group would constitute a less risky and more financially stable pool of insureds, as opposed to the general public. Despite the presence of the word "government" in its name, GEICO has always been a private corporation not affiliated with any government organization.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Don't forget it's more republican fvckery

"Fast forward to December 2006 H.R. 6407; The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act was passed in the Republican-controlled Senate two days after it was introduced in the Republican-controlled House. It was subsequently signed into law by Republican George W. Bush. One of the provisions in this hastily passed law requires the USPS to prefund ALL of it's retirees health benefits 75 years into the future. That's right. The USPS is supposed to set aside money for the future health benefits for people that haven't even been born yet. The USPS has $11.5 billion due in two payments on August 1 and September 30. On August 1 the Postmaster General will announce that USPS cannot make its payment."
I have to say I'm shocked to read this... but then again, it was the US under GW. Don't recall even a blip about this being passed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
can we get thread sanitation to clean up this political bullsh!t......way to piss on a parade guys...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
can we get thread sanitation to clean up this political bullsh!t......way to piss on a parade guys...
RM mods are going to bring back jobs for tens of thousands of postal workers and Saturday mail? And all along people thought they were slackers running an online forum...

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Let me sum this up with an equation: ih8rice=mailman
Ih8rice:cupidarrow:guns+post office stopping Saturday delivery(no Saturday delivery=less annual pay)=ih8rice going postal

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
RM mods are going to bring back jobs for tens of thousands of postal workers and Saturday mail? And all along people thought they were slackers running an online forum...
i guess i should have used a bunch of fvcking smilies to show how not serious this thread was.....but that would be every thread/post i make....

Last edited: