Quantcast

Chris Vandine - 2nd American at Mt. Snow...

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
A huge congrats to Chris Vandine, of Team Go-ride.com, who finished 7th (2nd American) in the Pro DH at the Mt. Snow National this past weekend. This was a breakout finish for Chris and from what I understand he was only about 1 sec. from the podium. With 4 Nationals to go you just might see a podium from him before the season is over.

Also, a big congrats to Shaums March with his best finish in a number of years. Shaums was top American (although he lives in Canada) with a 4th place finish. Go-ride is helping out Shaums this year with our Lowrider 888 crowns.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'd like to say that the Go-Ride team is a bunch of quality fellas. I stayed at Snowshoe with Matt and JP (JP's an old friend), but Matt was a super nice and helpful guy. He gave me some good advice that paid off in my Expert race. I think they represented Go-Ride extremely well. Made me want to buy more from Go-Ride.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
profro said:
I'd like to say that the Go-Ride team is a bunch of quality fellas. I stayed at Snowshoe with Matt and JP (JP's an old friend), but Matt was a super nice and helpful guy. He gave me some good advice that paid off in my Expert race. I think they represented Go-Ride extremely well. Made me want to buy more from Go-Ride.
Yep, I saw Chris out on the course at Mt. Snow and he was showing us this sweet rock double on the course. He is a nice guy, which is good for their team, because it balances out the fact that JP is on it! :devil:
JP what gives, I did not run into you at either race.
Although I did hear you giving me $hit at Snowshoe as I was riding in the off camber sewer pit. Thx for the advice, I used it the next day. ;)

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Layin Low, waiting to race back out west. Guess that I picked the wrong East coast National to go to. I wil be at the rest of the Nationals as well as the National Championships. All I got to say is Get some Vandine!!!!

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. That means a lot to me personally. I know that the cost of helping those guys at the races will not be recouped in sales, but I feel that it's something we have to do. There are so many tallented riders out there who don't get nearly the amount of help they deserve. With the number of manufacturers that either don't have race teams or had to cut their teams to 1 or 2 riders, I felt we had to do something if there was any way we could afford it.

Thanks again!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
go-ride.com said:
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. That means a lot to me personally. I know that the cost of helping those guys at the races will not be recouped in sales, but I feel that it's something we have to do. There are so many tallented riders out there who don't get nearly the amount of help they deserve. With the number of manufacturers that either don't have race teams or had to cut their teams to 1 or 2 riders, I felt we had to do something if there was any way we could afford it.

Thanks again!

After spending time with the team with Profro I will only deal with Go-ride. I will do my best to support your team.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
kidwoo said:
Hey I saw some go ride guy at the us open get 10th. I'd like to buy a 888, a cuervo and those crowns that I simply must have so that I too can get 10th at the us open next year.
Are you slamming Go-Ride for having a team and promoting themselves? Or just joking?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Matt D said:
Are you slamming Go-Ride for having a team and promoting themselves? Or just joking?
Knowing kidwoo a little I'd say joking although deep inside he really wants a cuervo but don't want to admit it :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
We got some sick footy of the Chris flying through some of the upper section. Sorry, no download avail, but he was FLYING. Apparently he had some revenge to seek for a slow alarm clock at Snowshoe. eh-hem.

Scott...it's Van Dine. Two words. Van ....... Dine. Mark your records accordingly. Don't want those payout checks to get returned unpaid for a typo. ;) And yes, I agree with a previous post, you have one hell of a great team. Nice guys, helpful and approachable. Smooth, fast and stylish rippers too. Only thing missing is a rippin' chick or two.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Tell Scott he picked one hell of a team. Nice to see Chris and Karl doing so well. Karl says it's the bike for sure, and I rode with him most of the winter so I think he might be right because I don't remember him being THAT fast.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Acadian said:
Scott - is your team running 8" or 7" 888's on the El Cuervo's?

Congrats to Chris...

Go-Ride guys are top notch!! :thumb:
We are running the 8" version with the crowns. When I saw you at Bootleg did I have my 888 yet? I used my Super T for a few months until I could get the crowns.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Matt D said:

Yes I'm slamming go-ride. They are bad satan worshipping people with loose morals. They should hide in shame and not remind us that they are there.

Actually Karl is a friend of mine. That's who I was talking about. And I really do want his fork.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
go-ride.com said:
We are running the 8" version with the crowns. When I saw you at Bootleg did I have my 888 yet? I used my Super T for a few months until I could get the crowns.
I remember Krispy had his 888 and the go-ride crowns, but I think you still had your Super T. So you're supporting a 200mm 888 now?

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Acadian said:
I remember Krispy had his 888 and the go-ride crowns, but I think you still had your Super T. So you're supporting a 200mm 888 now?
If Krispy had his 888, then I had mine too. I got the first set of crowns made (this perks of ownership). I made so many trips to Bootleg, this winter, that I couldn't remember which trip I saw you.

I've been very pleased with the 888 200mm. At first it seemed ridiculous, and probably is for any speed under 20 mph, but at speed it is awesome. I’ve been testing the Marz super tuning kit over the last couple of weeks. I’ll try to get a full post with pics today. It’s pretty interesting what I’ve found, but I would really like to test it with the Push DAQ system.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
kidwoo said:
Yes I'm slamming go-ride. They are bad satan worshipping people with loose morals. They should hide in shame and not remind us that they are there.

Actually Karl is a friend of mine. That's who I was talking about. And I really do want his fork.
noooo... Karl was a friend, but now that you let the cat out of the bag about his Satin warshipping I think he may use you as a human sacrifice before his next race. If Chris or Karl suddenly win a race... well it's been nice knowing you Kev.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dhtahoe said:
noooo... Karl was a friend, but now that you let the cat out of the bag about his Satin warshipping I think he may use you as a human sacrifice before his next race. If Chris or Karl suddenly win a race... well it's been nice knowing you Kev.
.........so then do I get the fork or what?

I never knew Karl worshipped satin. I always thought he was more of a silk kind of guy.

Oct 1, 2001
Michigan
Karl is way cool. I got to ride with him a bit at Mt. Creek the week after the US Open. He's rides super smooth and was offering up some great tips on how to improve my riding. Definitely a guy you want promoting your product/company.