Quantcast

Chile Urban race LIVE on freecaster.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Sweetness!

Fras - thanks for the link!

From the looks of it on the screen in that link, the race does indeed start today - in about 2hrs 20min...

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Sweetness!

Fras - thanks for the link!

From the looks of it on the screen in that link, the race does indeed start today - in about 2hrs 20min...

The race is tomorrow

Everyone there is at the beach right now

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fras,

Are you going to be posting photos on your website?

I think I'll be skiing tomorrow, so I'll miss the live webcast. hopefully they'll have it up for re-broadcast.

On a side-note, I'm glad to see that Ray is continuing to web-cast mtb events. Any indication of what he's going to do next year now that Rebdull is broadcasting the world cup?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Fair enough. If you go on it now though you get a webcam of some guys surfing the web, and he obviously doesn't know that it is on.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Different updates are up on dirt's website, as well as pinkbike with various photos. Pinkbike also has a big course walk through with Cedric Gracia live by now as well.

We go live at 10:30am pacific time tomorrow.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Different updates are up on dirt's website, as well as pinkbike with various photos. Pinkbike also has a big course walk through with Cedric Gracia live by now as well.

We go live at 10:30am pacific time tomorrow.
Gotta love Cedric: "Will be challenging. . . . Barel's gonna **** himself"

DHDreams

Chimp
May 11, 2008
is there any way to watch through Apple T.V., do you know? I'd rather watch on the TV and not the Computer. thanks!

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Drops out every 5-10 seconds. Unwatchable. Guess I'll catch the highlights.
same here on multiple devices, then it just randomly stopped - since i restarted it it's been stable. quality is horrendous though...maybe the on course cameras will be better.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
A wallride shot, then the drop at the end is the extent of the coverage in case anyone is wondering.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Race is tomorrow. Course isn't even built. Seeing as I am here and part of the team building it...

Freecaster needs to change their date.
...this would explain why I was sitting in front of my tv in the living room staring at the spinning circle of frustration with a sandwich in one hand and my laptop in the other... For the first minute I was thinking "Jesus - what's with all this lag?"... LoL :doh:

It was almost like getting 404'd.

Saw it today though - looked like a good time.

Congrats to EVIL Factory rider The Polcster on 2nd place aboard his new Undead! :thumb:

EDIT: Yeah - I agree, the coverage was definitely lacking. The vid above has much better coverage. From what I saw compared to last year the course looked much more refined. The "Canon Drop" looked insane yet somehow the "Wall Drop" to dirt alley looked mellow compared to last year... not sure how that happened...

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So big course hold which led to a delay. PLease let us know about the feed, as it was a production company here NOT freecaster dealing with it. Lets just say that the intertubes here aren't what they could be?

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
we were waiting for polcs first practice run to se how the undead was going to perform (not as la bresse hopefully)..

and after the entire day of drops, gaps, couple of flat landings, and tons of stairs, the bike got only one or two slightly loose bolts... so i`d say they have improved quite a lot since the "la bresse proto".....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Please be productive with your comments. What was wrong with it? We couldn't see the live here, but the jumbotron footage seemed decent. Cameras in the proper places etc. Was it production that sucked? Angles? The feed itself?

The major issue was that the internet connection was not reliable enough to get an HD signal out to Freecaster to re-distribute.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
the only thing that bother me was the only 3 angles of the track
the wall ride
the drop
the finish line
I understand that people here don’t understand the language (me too)
and dont know the guys behind the micropone
but you have to understand.
it's a local race.
it's like if I show you a race from my country.
you will probably complain about the same things
but ... camera angles on the track should be more.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Please be productive with your comments. What was wrong with it? We couldn't see the live here, but the jumbotron footage seemed decent. Cameras in the proper places etc. Was it production that sucked? Angles? The feed itself?

The major issue was that the internet connection was not reliable enough to get an HD signal out to Freecaster to re-distribute.
not sure what you were seeing on the jumbotron, but what we saw was:

1. One shot was near the landing of the wall ride. See the rider come in, wall ride, leave. Made this big wallride/gap look lame.
2. Next shot was the drop at the finish.
3. 3rd shot was the commentator.

Initially the feed was flaky, but that cleared up. The footage was pretty grey & not clear. Tons of dead time between the riders and poor camera positions, and poor camera work in general for such a cool course. Riders weren't named, times weren't posted. Wasn't worth watching at all.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
we were waiting for polcs first practice run to se how the undead was going to perform (not as la bresse hopefully)..

and after the entire day of drops, gaps, couple of flat landings, and tons of stairs, the bike got only one or two slightly loose bolts... so i`d say they have improved quite a lot since the "la bresse proto".....
Yes! EVIL is stoked on its performance thus far. Polcster took delivery on that frame about a week ago so considering it was his first time on the bike, things went well.

Carnaza - did you race Valpo?

Transcend - from what we could see on Freecaster, there were only 3 camera shots of the entire track and those shots were only of the Wall Ride, Finish Line drop, and the commentator at the finish. I didn't mind the language barrier or the announcer's energy, which was good but it's a shame Freecaster didn't have more cameras on course to follow the riders as they made their way down. It's a shame, because there were so many other features on the race course that could have been used for camera positions such as the "Canon Drop", the Wall Drop, the new wooden stair section to name a few.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ok so the production guys had at least one more camera (at the hotel drop), but the cabling gave up the ghost somewhere on the way to the truck. The production guys are a professional outfit that normally does big surf comps, apparently they over promised, and under produced. Wireless TV feeds here (microwave etc) won't really work due to lack of line of sight and an incredibly busy radio spectrum. Thousands of taxis (literally it's like downtown manhattan), the biggest naval base in south america and the second largest port in all of the americas. This is why they had to change the timing system to wired from wireless. Too much interference.

Freecaster had NOTHING to do with the feed, all they did was graciously help us out by distributing the feed for us. They were nothing but extremely helpful, please don't pin this on them. We're already working on making this happen properly for next year. Big plans!

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
Hi SKC ¡¡¡¡

no i didn`t race valpo.... since it`s an invitational only race... for pro or elite and i`m just an amateur hahaha

Anyway.... that won`t stop me from getting an undead.....