Quantcast

Cheap guy PSA- Bontrager G5

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Currently on closeout for $35, down from 65.

Call your local Terk dealer or do the google thing, I don't care.

I just ordered a set since kidwoo loves them so much.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I remember there is a review out there, but remind me, is the 2.35 likely to be a solid trail tire?

(currently ride 2.5 DHF front/rear, climbing can suck at times)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I ride 26 because ... well, you know.

My Minions are the EXO casing. I rode a funny wheel Spesh SJ in NV that had a great tire combo, but I don't think they're made in the classic, vintage flavor.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I heard you shouldn't listen to that guy, he rides 26 inch bikes, or something.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Tempted to get these for my demo even though I don't need them yet. Getting a little concerned about decent options for my obsolete bike :/

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I have some 650b versions for my trail bike. They are great. Roll a bit slow, but good for shedding mud like things should that happen. And the DH casing makes them heavy, but I appreciate that as it makes them feel indestructible.

I'd totally rock them as a DH tire on my olde tyme 26" DH bike. Solid replacements for Minion DHF's IMO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Tempted to get these for my demo even though I don't need them yet. Getting a little concerned about decent options for my obsolete bike :/
yeah I won't lie, seeing them go on "closeout" suggests to me that they won't exist in a while. I do believe that there are enough 26 riders to keep the lights on at the maxxis 26" dhf factory, but I wouldn't be surprised if these tires go away now that every company is pushing 26.75.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I got my first good spin on them at Highland yesterday. They were great in the rocky bits (Maiden) and the newer cut loamy stuff. And surprisingly good on the hard packed flowy trails. Might no roll as well as my Butchers or Minions on that stuff, but not enough to be a nuisance. Big thumbs up so far. Especially for the price.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Lets ride soon. Highland is in top shape. Dusty in places. They could actually use a little rain. I honestly thought we'd be fighting mud from all the snow until June around here.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was there on Friday...don't tell my boss!

I'm with you though, looking forward to Jiminy or B.East to open to get some real DH in. I like highland but I suck at jumping.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
These are better in almost every way except for maybe rolling resistance.

You can't get them in a hard rubber though if you run those on the rear. They're not schwalbe or slow reazay slow but they're not 60a fast either.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
These are better in almost every way except for maybe rolling resistance.

You can't get them in a hard rubber though if you run those on the rear. They're not schwalbe or slow reazay slow but they're not 60a fast either.
They definitely brake better and roll worse than a DHF.