Quantcast

CCDB service manual anybody ?

katsooba

Chimp
Jul 27, 2012
Udi, your inbox seems to be full, im trying to send you my email with a request for the ccdb\ccdb-a service papers.

please send me a msg and clear some inbox space :)

Thank you

Mar 6, 2012
I would also like to get a copy of the service manual after finding oil seeping from the HSC adjuster on my ccdb, it also makes quite alot of noise and im not sure if thats normal as i am used to a DHX RC4, anyone got anything to say about this?
im not sure i want to pay £100 for a single o ring and some oil.
i may end up sending it away if im not feeling confident in making the tooling however.
Would like to see it anyway to see whats involved and whether its worth it for future servicing.
anyone who has the manual wants to send it to bigmotherwhale@hotmail.com that would be much appreciated. :)

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Does anybody have the service manual for the ccdb? Mine is faulty although it had a serivce by an authorized service point during the winter because of air.

The rebound is too fast. I can't set it slow enough to not get wallow and get kicked on jumps. Even when I close both HSR and LSR it is really fast.

I could send it in but it will take at least 4 weeks. Is it possible to do the service alone or do I need special tools or a vacuum pump?

EVILEMPIRE

Chimp
Sep 15, 2013
Portugal
Can you sent to me? rmmartins@santogal.pt sorry my English

I have emailed you the manual. If anyone else wants it, just PM me your email.

On top of that, it's useful to know the stock oil is Ohlins Shock Absorber Fluid #309. It has a viscosity of 13.70cSt@40. The closest off the shelf oil you can buy to this will be Silkolene Pro RSF 2.5wt (13.60cSt and an incredibly high VI of 464, which is perfect). I would not use anything other than those two products personally.

Stock pressure is 6-7 bar (87-101psi). I'd remove the reservoir endcap first (after depressurising and without compressing the shock at all) so you can measure the stock IFP depth before you start.

Hope that helps
Udi

tkm16

Chimp
Dec 21, 2013
Anyone willing to send me the manual? Will the procedure be the same for the CCDBA? Mines started making a squelching sound :( , I'm hoping it just needs an oil change...

Last edited:

marcel

Chimp
Feb 5, 2014
I have the full service manual (PDF Format).
owever, servicing the shock requires a number of specific tools, and I think you're wasting your time unless you're planning on investing in these tools. To give you an idea, you need a special tools to remove the seal head, to remove the inner tube of the shock, to pressurize the shock, etc etc. You will also need to obtain service parts if the shock is leaking and these may not be sold to end users.

Personally I'd advise getting Cane Creek to do it for you.
Hoi Udi,
i am searching the whole net for the service manual of the CCDB Air,do you still have it and will you plaese
e-mail it to me?
if you will do that you make me a very happy man.
Thanks in advance marcel

Last edited:

Josh Wood

Chimp
Aug 16, 2014
Brisvegas
Hi there,
Any chance one of you guys could email me a copy of the service manual? I have already invested in the specific tools and fluid, and im pretty sure i've got it all sussed out but would like to double check all my knowledge before opening her up. joshwood@bikemad.netii.net

Cheers

tommy805

Chimp
Sep 16, 2014

However, servicing the shock requires a number of specific tools, and I think you're wasting your time unless you're planning on investing in these tools. To give you an idea, you need a special tools to remove the seal head, to remove the inner tube of the shock, to pressurize the shock, etc etc. You will also need to obtain service parts if the shock is leaking and these may not be sold to end users.

Hey Udi,
Thanks but could you please send me the service manual? I'm interested in opening everything about shocks.
Please send to : tommy_wangbo@163.com
I appreciate your help!
Have a nice day!
Thanks!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Can I get internet money for each person that signs up to RM just to post in this thread?

Chimp
May 22, 2015
Graz
can you please send me the manual. I have an old ccdb and it´s not worth it to pay for a service so I want to try it by myself.

Many THX

Jaswarren

Chimp
Nov 15, 2016
Hi there

However, servicing the shock requires a number of specific tools, and I think you're wasting your time unless you're planning on investing in these tools. To give you an idea, you need a special tools to remove the seal head, to remove the inner tube of the shock, to pressurize the shock, etc etc. You will also need to obtain service parts if the shock is leaking and these may not be sold to end users.

Hi There,
May I have the service manual please?

motox2k

Chimp
Dec 11, 2017
would anyone have the cane creek DB inline manual they would be willing to share? i can get the parts but the manual is proving to be impossible.
Cheers
Stu

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
since this thread kinda came back from the dead I could use a little info. This stupid inline has been making noises like there is air in the oil.. I took it most of the way apart but I don't yet have a way the take the valve end apart. Anyway if I try to pressurize the port shown in the picture I can hear air escape. I'm assuming this it the ifp chamber. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to try to fix this thing so I can sell my foes mutz without having to find another shock for it.
20180205_213636.jpg

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
That's the nitrogen charge port yes. There's a bladder in there though not an IFP. You should be charging it to about 180psi, if air is leaking out try tightening down the screw. If it continues to leak you want to replace the rubber plug behind the screw with a piece of appropriate diameter o-ring cord cut to length. That looks like a mighty mean bastard of a needle you have on that sweet charging setup of yours too, you might want to try something with a narrower gauge if you keep having issues with nitrogen plugs leaking, big needles like that tend to core sample the plug and stop it from sealing properly.

Disassembling the shock very far requires a bunch of proprietary tools that I don't think you can buy easily. Just pressurising that chamber isn't going to fix anything though if the shock needs a bleed and the Inline is a real piece of work to bleed up without a vacuum bleeder.

Last edited:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I don't know how easy it is to buy the bladder but I'm going to say 'not very'. For tools you need; a custom tool for undoing the air sealhead, a custom tool for undoing the oil sealhead (very small pin spanner or snap-ring pliers may substitute), 8mm shaft clamps, custom tool for undoing the ring around the head and a cradle to hold the head in while you undo the ring. Depending on your level of fvcks given about potential cosmetic damage it might be possible to get away with some creative soft-jaw clamping and knipex in place of the cradle/ring tool for the head of the shock but the air seal head tool is pretty much mandatory I would say.

It is a really, really fiddly shock to work on. I would buy a second hand replacement of some kind before I'd ever attempt to open one up without all the tools personally, it may well end up costing you more in time/messing around than you bargained for.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
While we're here...anyone have their CCDB coil serviced and had the IFP replaced with the bladder?
Not sure what you mean. The IL cylinder heads use a bladder to account for thermal expansion and oil displacement. The CS cylinder heads use a traditional IFP. So...they are not interchangeable.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
since this thread kinda came back from the dead I could use a little info. This stupid inline has been making noises like there is air in the oil.. I took it most of the way apart but I don't yet have a way the take the valve end apart. Anyway if I try to pressurize the port shown in the picture I can hear air escape. I'm assuming this it the ifp chamber. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to try to fix this thing so I can sell my foes mutz without having to find another shock for it. View attachment 127823
If it the bladder: Charge it then submerge the shock. Depending on where the bladder is torn it will leak right away usually. Only way to tell for sure is to loosen the gland nut and pull the bladder. If there isn't an adequate amount of Slick Honey where the bladder interfaces with the cylinder head and gland nut it could also cause a leak.

If the bladder holds the charge and the shock civitates on a hand dyno: It's either the inner damper tube, oil seal head, or the bladder could be torn or ruptured in the center causing the charge to mix with oil. This is especially common on plug and clevis mounts (Specialized, Ibis etc) because it is easy to insert the needle too far into the plug and tear a small hole in the bladder. This was the culprit for a lot of shocks that were OE on Enduros during the 2013/2014 model years. The shocks would pass a gas test on the dyno and then pass on the hand dyno but slowly lose their charge while they were sitting on bikes during embargo. You could also rupture the bladder with the needle if you were very careless, but you would have to try pretty hard.