Quantcast

Car Wax??

V10 PA

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Would this hurt trans blue bike paint??? Just wanting to give my top tube that nice solid color again, bike lust works for about 5 mins until it dries up.

Any suggestions.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
buildyourown said:
Pledge it. Cheap, easy and comes in lots of scents.
Makes paint look brand new.
Hmm... I've done the opposite. I used to use Pledge all the time, but I recently switched to Finish Line bike wash (pink stuff) and it works 10 times better.

V10 PA

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Yea, i will have to try those, but bike lust makes it look good for a few mins, then it dries up and the paint looks dry again, grrrrrrrr

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
kidwoo said:
So when you guys are finished waxing and shining, do you stand there in a speedsuit and admire your reflections?
you just jealous cause my bike is shiny and yours isn't :eviltongu

I keep my bike as clean as my car! :think:

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Car wax on bikes is fine. Its pretty much the same type of paint. Anodized frames might not take to waxing too good, but paint and powder coat will be fine. I use a synthetic wax, so that I don't get any white build up around decals and stuff like you would with a carnuba based wax. Waxing also makes less dust, dirt and mud stick to what you have waxed.
This is what I use on my cars and bikes, Zaino Bros:
http://www.zainostore.com/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As long as it says "safe for clear coat finishes" your good to go. I use car wax all the time to bring the shihne out in powder coating. But some of them can put nasty scratches in the finish. Trans colors are the worst. But a good wax like Mothers will do great.