Quantcast

Can you make payments on a DH Bike?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
dunno what the housing market is like there, but in the US, there is a ridiculous opportunity for immediate equity if you buy a short-sale or foreclosure, AND if you have 20% down(critical, PMI is a no-no) and great credit. you would have to literally be retarded to NOT buy a first home now, or in the past 1-2 years.
yeah I don't think the housing market was hit so hard in europe. Even with unemployment on the rise in countries like spain people still keep their houses. Not to mention when I hear the time it takes to pay off a house in the us I'm surprised. Still in Poland the avg. pay is 1k$/month and a 60m2 flat like mine 15-20km from the city center is worth around 120k$. Do the math.
Though overall I don't like obligations that tie you down for longer periods of time. In the current job market mobility is an important thing to have.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
You should see if you can talk to the guys down at the docks who will cash your checks for you for just 20%. I think they also do next day loans in case you have some bills to pay. They can probably help you out.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dunno what the housing market is like there, but in the US, there is a ridiculous opportunity for immediate equity if you buy a short-sale or foreclosure, AND if you have 20% down(critical, PMI is a no-no) and great credit. you would have to literally be retarded to NOT buy a first home now, or in the past 1-2 years.
You can buy a home with <20% and avoid ammortized PMI by just paying it down up front. PMI on my mtge would have added $28k to the life of the loan. I paid $6k up front to make it be gone. Yeah it's 6k up front, but a whole hell of a lot better than an amortized amount.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
that debt to income ratio is no bueno! rent that buddy!
Fortunately my family invested in the flat when it was worth half the money and it is mine. Still I invested a ton of work to finish it and as much as I like it owning it is the only reason I didn't move to the city center which if I ever again get a 9-5 job would save me 2h/day.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Demo 8 II's retail for $6500, which makes this scenario above worse. Save untill you have the cash, or buy a cheaper bike......used or new.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
$2500 will buy you a very nice used bike.

The "save for whistler" advice is good too.

Or for some other such trip...

poekie

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
I thought the economy just crashed because of bs like this..let that stupid kid find out the hard way so he doesn't make the same mistake buying a house or car.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
You can buy a home with <20% and avoid ammortized PMI by just paying it down up front. PMI on my mtge would have added $28k to the life of the loan. I paid $6k up front to make it be gone. Yeah it's 6k up front, but a whole hell of a lot better than an amortized amount.
Should have bought a Demo :D But seriously, I found a nice 2010 Demo 1 for under $2,000. Buy used.

Last edited: