Quantcast

Can I race Mammoth?

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I've heard that you have to get top 10, top 8, podium, blah blah blah. I race Sport 19-24 and got 6/20something at big bear. I missed the podium by just a second. Is it top 10? Podium? eh?

Thanks

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeti DHer said:
I've heard that you have to get top 10, top 8, podium, blah blah blah. I race Sport 19-24 and got 6/20something at big bear. I missed the podium by just a second. Is it top 10? Podium? eh?

Thanks
Screw it. Buy hopes.

Just do what I'm going to do. Do some DH riding on whatever they're not using for the race course in the morning, drink beer the rest of the day and heckle everyone else who is racing, and then hit some hot springs with more beer.

I'll find out for you tomorrow if no one else answers you.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
As I sit here and drink a beer or 2 my thoughts ponder the mentality of whoever is putting up these qualifying guidlines. For example, #3 in the "Qualifying Guidlines" on the usacycling thingy states that if you win the championship or come in top 3 you move up, right? OK, well last year I won my class so this year I moved up to xpert. So heres where I get f'd, in the "Qualifying Events" it says that defending champions get a free pass to the finals, #4. How the F is that possible if you moved up like they said you have too? Sandbag a whole year just to have a free pass to the finals? I dunno, Chris you're F'd you got 6th at a National, 1 out of what they want, try again.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ChrisKring said:
The above replies have some serious misinformation.

First, you can qualify by going to just 1 national and getting a top 5. Or the same at an AMBC. Or a top 10 at a state series.

Read this for the official low down:

http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=648
Boy that link looks familiar.

And as far as misinformation, you're right. I'll be drinking whiskey at the hot springs, not beer. Thank you.