Quantcast

boxxer WC speed settings.... Internal and external...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
first off: I know i could spend a good part of the day searching threads but dont have the time. So im asking in a new thread hopefully gettting real help, and not sarcastic or product bashing replies....

For anyone using a boxxer team or WC, where do you usually run these settings? I just took my boxxer apart for the first time to check out the inside setting. The nut was turned down quite far. What does this effect? I read the manual, but would like some real world explination of what it means.
For background, Im 240lbs, and ride hard... (not smooth). Ive recently noticed some hard slams when going through choppy stuff. The fork will feel fine then BAM! There are no damaged parts inside, and the fork has the upgraded internals in it. I keep up on oil changes and have never had a major crash on this fork. I assume the problem stems from sort of combo of the Hi/Low speed compression setting. It kind of sucks that you have to pull the fork apart to get at the Hi speed setting, so I'd like to have a better idea where to start. Like i said, the not was screwed pretty far down the shaft..... to see if theres a huge diff i screwed it out to almost the end of the shaft. Hopeing to get some feedback before it goes back together.

Thanks
d

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I run mine with the nut backed almost all the way off (high speed comp setting) and then about 1/3 in on the low speed compression just to help keep the fork wallowing through its travel too much (weight shifts...preloading etc)

oil heights slightly above normal

one soft one medium spring-195lbs-

neversummersnow said:
I run mine with the nut backed almost all the way off (high speed comp setting) and then about 1/3 in on the low speed compression just to help keep the fork wallowing through its travel too much (weight shifts...preloading etc)

oil heights slightly above normal

one soft one medium spring-195lbs-
Im pretty much the same but two med springs, when i ran 1 firm and med it was too stiff for me and I weigh 220, I just softened it up tonite , gonna test her tomorrow.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
bibs said:
Im pretty much the same but two med springs, when i ran 1 firm and med it was too stiff for me and I weigh 220, I just softened it up tonite , gonna test her tomorrow.
Let me know how it goes. Im running like 240 these days...ugh! I have 1 med, and i firm spring. 125mm of air space. Never bottom the fork, but did have this high speed slam. I couldnt wait for tips so i put it all back together just now. IT feels good so far, but the real test will be this weekends ride.