Quantcast

Boxxer 650B and 26" damper compatibility

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Hello mates.

I'm selling the damper system from a 26" 2014 Boxxer WC fork and have been asked if it's compatible with the 27.5" RC fork.

My research tells me the only modifications RS made to increase wheel size was by changing the dropout position on the bottom of the fork. This, and all the talk about damper cross-compatibility between all 35mm Boxxers suggests that these dampers will fit 650B Boxxers.

Can anyone confirm or pitch in with some measurements for either fork?

Cheers

1.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It looks like RS only sells one charger boxxer damper, which means it's probably the same between wheel sizes/forks.

So with that said, going backwards should work.

But if he has the 27.5 RC fork, which I don't even think is out yet, why would he want the old stuff? That's what's already in there. A back up?

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
I'd say so tacubaya, but yeah kind of strange if he doesn't even own them yet. Might be dreaming.

Thanks for the advice guys

curtis

Chimp
Nov 12, 2014
So I have a older boxxer and I'm having the problem of finding this answer. I have a 2011 35mm boxxer and I picked up a charger damper from a friend. The charger damper came out of a 650b fork. Are there spacers or anything answer to this question would help.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Old thread I know, but want to keep things in order here.

Just to clarify, you can convert a 26" 35mm Boxxer (model years 2010 - 2014) to a 27.5" Boxxer (model years 2015-2018), and all you would need to do is install the new lowers, as in the pic?

27.5 boxxer.png

On a related note, is there anyway to drop the travel in these coil sprung models by way of spacers? Or is this a new shaft situation?

Cheers all.