Quantcast

Bold Move - Tuesday GMT

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I realise this is a bold move after so much time away from the monkey but is just about 6 AM....

The smoke from wild fires cleared out yesterday so I'm going to work early so I can hit the trails by 3 today. I say trails because the are 2, one on each side of the river and both are less than 10 minutes from my house.

Other than that I have no productive plans. If time allows I might look for a rock to crawl up but that's not a high priority.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As pleased as I am for the return of our most esteemed Serial Midget, I must humbly request that the correct GMT Thread title format be followed.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
FYI Serial Midget while you were gone it has been established that VPP bikes are unrideable I hope you don't have one. And everybody has gotten at least one kid but still charise their bong sheds.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
morning gents, i hope to hear back today on a counter offer I made on a townhouse. other than that back to slave to the grind . have a good one :monkey: .

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yesterday was my first day back at work after 9 days of riding in Colorado on vacation. Uhg. Today...all day meeting. Woohoo.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rode in slowly to work. Research day. I may spend it looking for doge gifs.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
first day of school today. other than the bus being 40 minutes late, it was all right. my son seemed happy, he's got the same group of kids in his class as he did last year. same teacher too, except she's sick, so it's a supply teacher.

work. is work.

waiting for new bike parts coming from all over the world! woohoo.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
So my darling Kona May turns 11 this month! She is the more active of our two dogs, but because she has work dog mentality and pushes herself harder than she is able (plus she has had multiple surgeries on one of her legs), I don't take her on most runs or bike rides anymore. It was a really sad decision and I hate it. BUT. Last night, I swear she begged me to take her and would NOT take no for an answer (that's my girl!) with the rolling on her back and playing and jumping around and looking at me with those dang puppy eyes... so I did :) And she rocked it! I'm hoping this means I can take her more often! 11 is going to be her year!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey wants a new, bigger house. Because for the three of us a 4br it too small... Found the perfect house size, finish, yard, two 2-car garages, on a cul-de-sac, .5 acre lot, good schools, etc. Only $40k more than we can sell our house for, perfect. Doesn't like it because it's not in Highlands Ranch.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wifey wants a new, bigger house. Because for the three of us a 4br it too small... Found the perfect house size, finish, yard, two 2-car garages, on a cul-de-sac, .5 acre lot, good schools, etc. Only $40k more than we can sell our house for, perfect. Doesn't like it because it's not in Highlands Ranch.
Where is it, I'm on the hunt :)

Although wifey and I only want a 2 bed, 3 tops.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Sounds like you have found a solid avoidance strategy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You have to hand it to her: this is a preemptive confiscation of your pending raise. Well done.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You have to hand it to her: this is a preemptive confiscation of your pending raise. Well done.
Well, she does make pushing 3x what I make at this point... I don't get to complain too loudly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Said no one ever.

:D

I shall impart my wisdom on this topic: Don't do it. Bigger house = bigger house problems. 4 bedroom for 3 people? Sheer luxury.

I know it won't matter... but remember it when the big house problems hit.
You don't need to remind me. We have PLENTY of space, imho. It just needs to be used better. I'm going to be doing some reorganizing while she is gone, just to see how it works out.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Said no one ever.

:D
You don't need to remind me. We have PLENTY of space, imho. It just needs to be used better. I'm going to be doing some reorganizing while she is gone, just to see how it works out.
We are in a 2200sf 4-br. It's too big. But at this point, I don't want to be any closer to the children. But downsizing is happening as SOON as is feasible. Probably after the 2nd kid vacates.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, she does make pushing 3x what I make at this point... I don't get to complain too loudly.
You should be switching to a position with less hours in this case. Emulate Shared Skittles in his early days…

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I realise this is a bold move after so much time away from the monkey but is just about 6 AM....

The smoke from wild fires cleared out yesterday so I'm going to work early so I can hit the trails by 3 today. I say trails because the are 2, one on each side of the river and both are less than 10 minutes from my house.

Other than that I have no productive plans. If time allows I might look for a rock to crawl up but that's not a high priority.
oh and Hi there stranger.