Quantcast

blue mountain in PA is fun as hell

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
How's their new jump line?

I was there a few times early season
its pretty freakin decent.. at first i thought the lips were steep, but later in the morning you start clearing them no problem.

should have brought some food though... microwaved hotdogs for $4 is alright i guess :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
new jump line is good. i was there a few weeks back for the first time this year. they've added quite a bit of good new stuff since last year.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
yes! there is a trail ( the double black.. forgot the name ) that has a loong wide wooden bridge that shoots you into these awesome wooden kickers and wallrides. so much fun! so many double-wide rock garden trails for the DHR to soak up :dance:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
damn, those winds made the lift ride up sketchy! especially at the top. they also apparently scared away jonkranked too! :stosh:

wyatt79m

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
yeah, the one lift guy said 50mph wind? I don't know if that is true, but wow it was sketchy. I was even blown off line jumping a couple times, still a fun day.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
(not to derail thread but highland was friggen windy and cooold.. easily below freezing with wind chill factor.. i never pedaled so much against the wind in my life lol... still a fun day as well!)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
In all fairness to the weather, Highland always requires more pedaling than a lift assisted mtn should.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah, the one lift guy said 50mph wind? I don't know if that is true, but wow it was sketchy. I was even blown off line jumping a couple times, still a fun day.
i wouldnt doubt that it was nearing 50mph. i had a death grip on my bike and chair at the top. i was staying away from the jumps (more then usual) since i got pushed a few feet sideways while landing crooked on the bigger ones.