Quantcast

bike for sale?

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
i'm thinkin about gettin a downhill bike, but really can't afford a new bike. can't really afford a used bike either. does anyone have a bike, like 6-8 inches, that they can sell for really cheap, like two or three hundred? will consider any offer

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I got an '01 Cannondale Super V that I will sell ya for $300, but it only gets 4" of travel.

Best FR bike I ever owned, period!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
you want something newer, with better shocks and are only willing to pay $300, keep dreamin' man. Maybe you could get a hardtail with an older z3 or something, it'd be pretty beat up though. You looking for just a frame, that might be possible.

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
I'm not sure how much of a bike you want, but I have a small 2002 cheeta prowler with 7" of travel. Rear shock is a fox vanilla RC that has leaked a small amount of oil. Its mostly a frame, but it includes an FSA sky pilot pro headset, XT rear derrailleur and shifter. I can let that go for about $300 because the shock mounts are slightly ovalized. Sorry, thats about all I can include. It was an amazing bike, may I include. I can throw in an extra derrailleur hangar, VERY hard to find.

Ruprick

Chimp
Apr 28, 2004
kootenay
I have a 2001 santa cruz super 8 with a small crack in the brace of the swing arm. I rode it for six months after the crash and the crack stayed the same size. I'ld sell it for $300 if you payed shipping from BC.

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
flatulant_man said:
i'm thinkin about gettin a downhill bike, but really can't afford a new bike. can't really afford a used bike either. does anyone have a bike, like 6-8 inches, that they can sell for really cheap, like two or three hundred? will consider any offer
There are a few here in your price range. Nothing uber-fancy, but take a look:

eBay has good stuff sometimes.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
be careful when buying a 300 dollar used DH bike. The seller was probably told NO WARRANTY at some point. There are good deals out there, but there is also alot of crap. Bying local so you can see it first is a good start (but not always an option). Making sure you get good detailed pics is another.

BTW.... ive seen lots of cracked super8's ridden hard for some time without problems. Plus i think santacruz may (dont quote me) offer a crash replacement deal on a new swingarm..... might have to be original owner though........

Good luck.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
Henry, eventhough your parents say no down hill bike, (stupid) Tom O. is sellling his ironhorse dh frame for 4 hundred dolla. The frame has 7 inches and a brand new fox vanilla. Its a pretty good deal so check it out.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
not a new shock, but it was only ridden for a few months. You should tell your folks theres nothin' they can do to stop you from buying it and that they should just give you the money so you don't turn into a crack head. Uh, yeah... thats what you should tell them. OK?

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
T0mo said:
not a new shock, but it was only ridden for a few months. You should tell your folks theres nothin' they can do to stop you from buying it and that they should just give you the money so you don't turn into a crack head. Uh, yeah... thats what you should tell them. OK?
Tom, what you dont realize is that henry already is a crack head. :blah: he he. :nuts: I like this smiley :nuts: