Quantcast

Bike-Discount.de -- Shimano Saint Blowout?

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003

bengxe

Monkey
Dec 19, 2011
upstate NY
I've bought a lot of Shimano parts from that site. Never had an issue. Shipping is pretty expensive and takes about 2 weeks, but they have a lot of really good prices.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It's legit. don't worry.
German online prices are crazy cheap at times (especially when they have Shimano & Rock Shox on sale)
Rosebikes is another place to keep an eye on for sales.
like them on Facebook and you'll get 10Euro voucher that should help towards offsetting int. postage costs.

amrgb

Chimp
Jan 28, 2009
What blowout? This is the normal price, there isn't even an extra discount (like on many of their other products)

What you're seeing is the result of two things. First, for some reason, Shimano prices are much lower in Europe than in the US. That has been the case for many years. Don't get jealous, most of the rest is the other way around, much cheaper in the US.

Second, the fast drop of the EUR against the USD in the past few months. The prices in EUR for the products already in stock before the EUR depreciation have not been changed, and so the price in USD dropped the same as the EUR depreciation. When the new collections/model year parts start to arrive, things will adjust. Prices in EUR will increase and the equivalent in USD will go up to normal levels. So, you have a windows of opportunity now, that will close in the next few months.

I've bought from them a lot but shipped to another EU country. They're definitely legit. So, take advantage of this currency move and go for it.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Normally it is about $200 per wheel so this is damn near half off...may have to pull the trigger

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Make sure that the price doesn't include VAT. If it does, the site should automatically knock it off once it knows you're shipping to the US. Sounds like the price already excludes VAT, but if not, your brakes will be even cheaper.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
for some reason the price went up $5 since I first saw their site but I still made out pretty good ordering the Saint brakes from them. the only tricky thing for me is that all their email correspondence is in german so i have to run it through a translator to figure out what the hell theyre saying.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
for some reason the price went up $5 since I first saw their site but I still made out pretty good ordering the Saint brakes from them. the only tricky thing for me is that all their email correspondence is in german so i have to run it through a translator to figure out what the hell theyre saying.
You may post it or send it via pm to me and I will translate for you if you care.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Shimano pricing is great all over Europe because the Dollar has shot up in value over the Pound and Euro over the last 6 months. I have also found very good pricing on some of the British sites and they normally offer free shipping which the German site does not.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You may post it or send it via pm to me and I will translate for you if you care.
thanks but i found a translate app for my phone and pretty much got what they were saying...at least what i needed to know. and my neighbor is german so she confirmed what translate said
theyve got a fast shipping turn process too. ordered at 645am and it i got a email confirm on shipping at 3pm

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
thanks but i found a translate app for my phone and pretty much got what they were saying...at least what i needed to know. and my neighbor is german so she confirmed what translate said
theyve got a fast shipping turn process too. ordered at 645am and it i got a email confirm on shipping at 3pm
You're welcome. They are the major german online store and know what they are doing. I've been ordering stuff there for >5 years and never encountered any problems. I'm in Germany from time to time and always try to order my stuff while I'm there, most of the time shipping is faster than stated on the website.
You can always shoot them an E-Mail if you find something cheaper elsewhere and they will try to match the price.

People from all over Europe order their stuff in Germany because it's even cheap inside the EU. There is a lot of competition between online stores there.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Placing my order today, pretty excited, also found some pretty good deals on tires, lot of Maxxis for like $40, no 3c but out here in CO that doesn't seem to matter as much

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
I will say the guys who have already ordered Saint are saying they haven't gotten anything since they placed it 2 weeks ago...no reason for worry...right?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
They are slower to deliver than the UK stores. I ordered a derailleur but I don't remember how long it took. John stop being a stupid American and think you will be scammed :dirol:

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
I've ordered ~10 times from this particular e-shop and it couldn't be more legit, so everybody chill on the scam subject. If there are issues/delays with delivery to the US...well, it's the same in the opposite direction to EU. Also, have a look at www.bike-components.de, I've got several orders there as well and they offer pretty much the same prices as bike-discount.de

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
John stop being a stupid American and think you will be scammed :dirol:
well when you see prices that are half of what they retail for here in the States and significantly cheaper than you can get them from through a distributor, he has a legitimate gripe. i just have to wait for the usps to accept the package from dhl

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well he should read the responses in the thread. If you look at the changes in exchange rates dollar vs Euro (significantly higher than anything we have seen the last 10 years) which I have already mentioned above its what explains why the cost as so much lower at the moment. The prices you see now you would not have seen 6 months ago. This a across the board on all shops in Europe.

Again I am not just talking out my ass: 1) I have purchased for this shop myself back in December 2) I know plenty of friends in Denmark who has 3) I have tracked shimano prices for a while now and has exactly seen the price go down below us cost. I have had more unreliable shopping experiences with misc webshops I have found in the US. Claiming to have products in stock at great price but then nothing available.

Sometimes stuff is cheaper in other countries than the US.

antihero

Chimp
Jul 3, 2008
i received my package today, ordered on the 17th. 5 days to Canada ain't bad especially for standard shipping. No tax was added and paid no duty. Excellent deal by my standards.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
I will say the guys who have already ordered Saint are saying they haven't gotten anything since they placed it 2 weeks ago...no reason for worry...right?
not sure if you have ever ordered overseas, but you have to take customs in account. sometimes your package will sit at customs for a couple of days (depending how busy they are). Once i shipped something to S. Africa and it sat in their customs office for almost three weeks.

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Glad I saw this thread. Ordered a pair of Zee brakes. $180 shipped. Ordered them Monday, and they are already on the DHL truck. Nooooice!

Only hiccup might be the shipping address lists a state about 12hrs away, so maybe the DHL boys are smart enough to use my zip code instead of the city/state.......:bad:

fubuki

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
PNW
I wish I knew about this place earlier. I ordered 6 tires and some discs 9 days ago and they're already here. Can't beat Magic Marys for $38.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Only hiccup might be the shipping address lists a state about 12hrs away, so maybe the DHL boys are smart enough to use my zip code instead of the city/state.......:bad:
What happened with the State mix-up? Just noticed they listed the city and zip code right, but have my crap going to Alabama instead of California. Waiting on a reply from them, but DHL should be able to figure it out, right?

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
What happened with the State mix-up? Just noticed they listed the city and zip code right, but have my crap going to Alabama instead of California. Waiting on a reply from them, but DHL should be able to figure it out, right?
Doh, just saw this sorry. They also listed me as Alabama (first in the list!). Anyways, I bet you got your stuff already but yeah, they figured it out without issue. Came straight to NC.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
I got everything in a pretty timely fashion all things considered and it was all perfect. Definitely would order through these guys again