Quantcast

Big Bear this saturday?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Who is going?

My buds have all backed out and the wife says I cannot go solo :nope: . I guess it is due to the fact that I have had some major medicals from crashing in the past (concussions, dislocations, fractured vertebrae). I tried telling her that I will just meet people there on the lifts but she won't buy it :mumble:

So help a guy out :monkey:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just checked the Snowsummit.com site. It is a women only weekend. I called to check on it and they said no helmet on the hill :confused:

How can they be serious?

I don't see many ladies on the hill. However I find it hard to believe that they stay away because they don't want to be near guys. Guess the mountian was making too much money.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
mandown said:
Just checked the Snowsummit.com site. It is a women only weekend. I called to check on it and they said no helmet on the hill :confused:

How can they be serious?

I don't see many ladies on the hill. However I find it hard to believe that they stay away because they don't want to be near guys. Guess the mountian was making too much money.
That's not what I heard... I'm going to X-post this over to the BB thread in SoCal Forum.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
My understanding is that the clinic and the race are women only... the rest of the mountain is open to all...

Besides, I thought they had a helmet required policy... :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, women's only weekend is just some clinics. We may see some trail closures sporadically, but nothing big (or on the best trails...)

MD

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Direct from Team Big Bear's Website......

WOMEN'S ONLY WEEKEND UPDATE

Many of you have contacted us regarding what will be available for riding this weekend. We will be using "Westridge" for training and racing - the rest of the resort and outlining areas will be open.

R

Rabie

Shyrmp said:
Direct from Team Big Bear's Website......

WOMEN'S ONLY WEEKEND UPDATE

Many of you have contacted us regarding what will be available for riding this weekend. We will be using "Westridge" for training and racing - the rest of the resort and outlining areas will be open.
Boo... you should petition to move over to log chute.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Blech. We'll have to take the longer non-westridge way around to get to the good offshoots thereof...

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Yea, I was up there Wednesday, last last Wednesday, and last weekend log chute is all torn up. They are digging a trench where the hip jumps are at. You can by-pass by taking the upper trail then link up to it.

Was planning on going up this weekend but the wife said I've been spending too much money, and we are going to be camping at Pine Knot the following weekend any how.

A few weekends ago they had westridge partially closed off for more trench work.

I'm getting tired of all the damn closures. :think: All of the runs are getting sooo choppy. If only they would groom them while they have em closed.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Shyrmp said:
That's just a ploy being used by the freeriders, so that they can have the trail all to themselves.
or you can just say...no dude, it sucks!! So that no one goes and the lift lines get shorter... ie. more runs, yo!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Hey Mandown - good riding with ya this weekend! :thumb:

Let me know if you guys are riding later on this week... gotta do some maintenance tonight and then the bike will be ready again!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
mandown said:
likewise slug.
probably be back there next weekend, but not sure right now. :confused:
Cool - just let me know, I'm up for more!!!

Mike and I will probably be hitting Aliso or some other OC spots later on this week - PM us if you're interested.