Quantcast

best zip ties for racing?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
yet again rm comes threw with another wonderfully pointless thread, still manages to get way to many serious post out of it, and still is able to pull threw with 3 pages of mindless chatter. way to go lovebunny i now have a new hero.:clapping:
haha do a search for "shreader".

i finally decided the decision was too stresssful. screw this im done riding! anyone wanna buy a b1 team dh ridden by a beginner named lovebunny?:monkeydance:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
In what way is this stupid? Every quarter gram counts. Even without the brakes, you still need to zip tie the der. cable, so yes, it is an issue.

You aren't going to win on a single speed, unless everyone else's der.s break. Please keep stupid comments out of this thread.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
In what way is this stupid? Every quarter gram counts. Even without the brakes, you still need to zip tie the der. cable, so yes it is an issue.

You aren't going to win on a single speed, unless everyone else's der.s break. Please keep stupid comments out of this thread.
AHHAHAHAHAAHAA

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I can't believe anyone took this post seriously... :bonk:

so what zip ties are the best for racing? i want to use the smaller ones to save weight but i dont know if they can stand up to the rigors of racing DH. i mean i huck sometimes too and i dont want my cables to come loose when im goin big. also what is the most efficient way to route the cables so that they wont slow me down in the corners? i race beginner class and i want to get all the advantage over those stupid sandbaggers who should be in sport!

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
You guys have my head spinning around...I'm so confused!!

Blue ties, orange, ties, no ties, achilles tendons, super glue, pink ties, carbon ties, speed holes, no cables........what is a noobie to do?:banghead:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I heard the reason fabian barel was able to get 2nd place at mirabar was because he made a secret night recon mission over to the iron horse truck to look at what sam hill was using for his zip ties. Then he stole all hill's zip ties, thus eliminating the 15 second lead sam otherwise woulda had. But thats just what I heard.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
in canadia, they use ZAP STRAPS.
i tried to traffic some zapstraps, but i got busted at the boarder.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Where can I get them?!?! I was beat by everyone at Parkfield in my class (beginner) because I was using heavy zip ties with horrible aerodynamics. The must have all been using yours. :rant:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
I hear carbon fiber is in among the prosthetic crowd.
It is indeed. I work at an orthotic/prosthetic office and it just so happens that the carbon fiber tube in one of the prosthetic legs we had laying around made perfect headset spacers. haha

Now on topic: Get zipties without U.V. resistant properties. They will start to break down over time, making them even lighter, and you faster! They will get weaker but by the time they do so, you will be a smoother rider so it won't matter.