Quantcast

Best of both worlds? Reinventing pedals

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
MAGNETS!
And they are heavy. 954 gram per pair.

I kind of like the idea though. A flat pedal with defined foot position for long pedals on your trailbike for example.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MAGNETS!
And they are heavy. 954 gram per pair.

I kind of like the idea though. A flat pedal with defined foot position for long pedals on your trailbike for example.
he dropped a ton of weight off from the original iteration, which weighed something absurd like 3 lbs?

I'm intrigued by the concept and would like to give them a try. don't see them becoming contenders unless he can get the weight down some more.

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
he dropped a ton of weight off from the original iteration, which weighed something absurd like 3 lbs?

I'm intrigued by the concept and would like to give them a try. don't see them becoming contenders unless he can get the weight down some more.
I think he's reaching the lower limits for weight for these things. Not because of production techniques or money...just because, like, magnets...and physics.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think he's reaching the lower limits for weight for these things. Not because of production techniques or money...just because, like, magnets...and physics.
i agree there's a lower limit due to the factors you mentioned, but there's still plenty of material that can come out of that pedal body.

J-Web

Chimp
Jul 2, 2015
There's more info on MagLock's Kickstarter page. Despite the weight and $140 retail, they've raised nearly twice their $12,000 goal and still have 13 days left in the campaign, so there's evidently some interest in these.