Quantcast

Best DH build on a budget!

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Getting back into a real DH bike this year and knowing current DH prices I decided I had to go used early on and been looking all summer. First DH bike since 2006! Finally found a 2013 Glory frame in good shape but needing some TLC for $700! Had to replace all bearings and fine a shock and upper shock bolt but front and rear triangle were in great shape. Picked up a new Marz Roco WC off ebay for $100 and had a Ti spring laying around that actually fit it. The real deal was finding a 2013 Boxxer WC in almost new condition for $500, got it so cheap I went and put an Avy cartridge in it as it rather than sending it somewhere for rebuild. MRP camber cranks on closeout for $50 and laced up a set of Mavic ex823 rims I've had laying around since 2005 when I actually was racing and had some sponsorship. Completely shocked when build came out under 36lbs since it's not like I have anything carbon on this bike. Rode it yesterday and it was so much fun to ride and for the first time in 5 years I'm not beat up after a day of DH. This rig is going to put a lot more life and fun into riding parks with my son who now kicks my ass on any DH jump trail, still got him on the tech natural terrain but he's catching up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You are a cool dad.

We should get this guy some Ridemonkey stickers and a jersey. While we're at it, lets order some extras, just to be safe.