4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Wow! Can't wait to sit down and read it through. Thanks for posting

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Rad dude. Some of my brief stories with him:

- He managed to convince me that Swiss cows have slightly shorter legs on one side from standing on steep mountain sides all day long

- You can't beat him in any technical discussion even if he's wrong, because he's super nice + super good at talking shit and won't shut up so you eventually just have to give in (or he'll convince you of some BS, see above)

- He has an old (2011 or older) gambler frame in his garage where he cut the bb right off, welded it down lower with an extension, and changed the shock mount to test how it'd ride with the main pivot higher

- Super pinned rider and really fun to follow if you ever get the chance, somehow manages to make everything he does really easy for the guy behind him. I was without a drivetrain in Chatel and we were hitting some decent sized gaps, and even though he can boost for miles, he made an effort to pedal into each one so that I could clear them chainless safely. His buddy JT was not so considerate and led me blind into a surprise berm-to-berm gap so I could flip and faceplant behind him...

- Explained to me (in detail) how he upgraded the exhaust on a smaller chainsaw so it had the equivalent performance of a larger chainsaw at a lighter weight so he could carry it in his backpack while he rode DH. This was a serious conversation (about upgrading and modifying chainsaws).

- The latest gambler prototypes get carried around in the back of his van with a blanket over them, so if you want one...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@Woo You going to Whistler around Crankworx this summer? Let's try and get some runs in if you are.
That was dumb luck when I ran into you up there. I usually try to avoid crankworx like the plague. If you're going to stick around for a few days after the chaos, I'd be stoked to try and make that work.

edit: I just checked dates....yes. That would actually work out really well. Stick around some afterwards.