Quantcast

BB7 linkage adjustment (2003 model)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Anybody know what the two different hole positions on the bb7 lingage do? I am talking about the two holes at the end of the linkage plates where the shock can be connected.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
It doesn't have anything to do with cs length. The two holes are for adjusting HT angle which also affects bb height, but only by about 1/4. I think the "steep" setting is still a bit slack myself. The problem is, if you run it in the lower hole (steeper), then the plates rub on the frame. I had to machine the plates a bit to get them to clear.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
buildyourown said:
It doesn't have anything to do with cs length. The two holes are for adjusting HT angle which also affects bb height, but only by about 1/4. I think the "steep" setting is still a bit slack myself. The problem is, if you run it in the lower hole (steeper), then the plates rub on the frame. I had to machine the plates a bit to get them to clear.
Actually since the wheelbase extends as it goes through its travel, raising the BB sucks the wheel in slightly and in turn shortens the stays. My bike is in front of me this second and yeah it does have some effect on CS length. Also since it changes CS length a bit it shortens the wheelbase. :mumble:
So :eviltongu

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
buildyourown said:
The problem is, if you run it in the lower hole (steeper), then the plates rub on the frame. I had to machine the plates a bit to get them to clear.

Did you try putting a washer in between? I did it on mine since I saw it was to tight, but I havn't tried it in that possision yet.