Quantcast

Axle to crown measurements of DH forks

travis138

Chimp
May 3, 2007
Seaside, CA
Is there an up to date thread or list somewhere that has the A2C measurements of all the DH forks currently available? I searched and looked under FAQ's and didn't see anything really. I suppose I could look up each one individually but it would be nice if they were all in one place. I'm specifically looking for how the Dorado compares to 40/Boxxer/888 A2C heights. Also Avalanche and BOS and any others you know of; maybe some long travel single crown forks too. Thanks.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
just by looking at them i think you can drop them all to the same minimum height these days (unlike old 888's for example). dorado might go a few mm lower than others.

so on paper it doesn't really matter.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
just by looking at them i think you can drop them all to the same minimum height these days (unlike old 888's for example). dorado might go a few mm lower than others.

so on paper it doesn't really matter.
I'm pretty sure the quoted axle to crown measurements are the lowest available. I know that is the case on the Dorado (because I just measured mine last week), and I'm pretty sure it's also the case on the 40 that I had been running for the past couple years.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Surprised to see dorado that high. Kinda makes me cross it off my list. I still tend to ride pretty nose heavy and I used flatbars to lower my front end on an older zoke because it felt high so 591mm? That crosses it off my list if I don't like my boxx after reshimming.