Quantcast

Are there any good 26" trail bikes left?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
While I certainly agree with 1st gen Spitty/Rune bushing issue sucked saliva drenched pr0n dick, they did *try* to get it sorted with a free new axle and I believe they offered a discounted deal on a 2nd gen model. Having said that, the "upgraded" axle really didn't solve the problem, and I think there was a pretty long delay in terms of actually getting a new model. Regardless, the new Spitty is an excellent bike by all the accounts I've seen.
You know... Not ALL those first gen spitties were bad though. I have one from the very first batch ever made. I've ridden it as my main bike for about 4 years now? (dang, has it been THAT long?) That's about 6hrs of saddle time/week for about 200 weeks or 1,200 hrs of saddle time.
Know what? I'm still on my FIRST set of bushings!!!

Bushings were an awesome idea, but you had to have VERY exact tolerances. Mine happened to be w/in spec so I've never had an issue.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Say what you will but if you lived somewhere where it snowed and you could shred that thing in deep snow than I dont see the problem...riding it on the dirt would be another story
I do; it sucks; and I wouldn't be caught dead on that thing. Gotta know when to fold 'em...

32 degrees this morning here.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Sad to say but I have allot of runs on a Gazzallodi 3.0..I remember switching from that to a highroller 2.5 when they first came out and just being blown away...
same experience here, and switching from that 3.0 to a MOBSTER (probably the one of the worst tread patterns for cornering) produced the same shocking results. It was like a whole new world of traction and not getting all squidgy rolling around on the bead in high speed corners. :rofl: