Quantcast

Are there any good 26" trail bikes left?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
While I certainly agree with 1st gen Spitty/Rune bushing issue sucked saliva drenched pr0n dick, they did *try* to get it sorted with a free new axle and I believe they offered a discounted deal on a 2nd gen model. Having said that, the "upgraded" axle really didn't solve the problem, and I think there was a pretty long delay in terms of actually getting a new model. Regardless, the new Spitty is an excellent bike by all the accounts I've seen.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Hella ultra-wide Doubletracks too! This wide-rimmed monster was ahead of it's time. All those MTBR dudez need to get with this hypeness.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Some engineering genius will come to the conclusion that smaller wheels help fat bikes become more nimble and playful, while still maintaining all the traction and mobility that have made fat bikes so popular with avid cyclists.

Don't doubt it. Because you're already watching the converse of that happen right in front of you.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I absolutely will not be able to ride this winter without a carbon 6" travel frame rolling on these tires.

Manufacturers take note: we must have these for our quivers!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Will do. I don't get it, but he has been on a fat bike for the last few years and loves them. He just put a Bluto on his latest bike and couldn't be happier.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well rolling down trails on a efficient bicycle can be pretty scary. I mean those things go fast! Plus you've got to steer......move the thing around.....all a bit of a hassle.

Fat bikes fix all that by eliminating every aspect of each.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Are there any good 26", 650b compatible trail bikes left? (future protected).

I bought an old commy single pivot meta 55 pro(140 mm) Alu frame on sale as my burly trail bike, planing to convert it to 650b this holiday season, fork is fox 36 (160 mm). size is Large , set up with a 40 mm stem and wide handle bars, Drop outs are replaceable, can be customed just in case there are clearance issues.

Are there any good 24", 26", 650b, 29er, 700C, fat tire compatible trail bikes left?

Answer: Surly 1x1! (SS or geared). .

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Some engineering genius will come to the conclusion that smaller wheels help fat bikes become more nimble and playful, while still maintaining all the traction and mobility that have made fat bikes so popular with avid cyclists.

Don't doubt it. Because you're already watching the converse of that happen right in front of you.
You are way way behind the times. The fat industry moves faster than Miley Cyrus taking off her clothes.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOBBYFAT/on-one-fun-fatty-fat-bike

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Whilst designed for the kids, weve all been raring to get a go on this. It will give a livelier, more throwable ride than its elder sibling, which make it perfect for the streets or pump track.
Pump track

Fat bike on a fucking pump track.

They know that the idea of a pump track is to gain speed by pumping right.

.........one day........a nutjuob shooting people from a campus tower..............some of you here will say 'hey I knew that guy'

He went by 'kidwoo' online. Wonder what happened.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yep, if you want to stay ahead or at least just be marginally competative, you need to be working on a carbon FS 29er E-fatbike with 6" tires and bluetooth. What the bluetooth connects to or does isn't really important, as long as it has it.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Pump track

Fat bike on a fucking pump track.

They know that the idea of a pump track is to gain speed by pumping right.

.........one day........a nutjuob shooting people from a campus tower..............some of you here will say 'hey I knew that guy'

He went by 'kidwoo' online. Wonder what happened.
Must be a translation issue from the motherland to us colonists. Kinda like we call it a derailleur and they call it a mech. Or, front suspension referred to as forks.

A UK pump track must be some sort of gravel road built through a mud bog or something. Back in the day, they'd have to "pump" in excess iron slag or gravel to build a road base to keep the carraiges from getting stuck. Sounds like an appropriate place for a fat bike.

So, put yer rifle away for now.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI

Fat bike on part of the under construction back yard pump track.

Yup, That's a 9 year old girl, on a large surley SS while wearing crocs. The world has gone full retard.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
somebody needs to get those parents locked up for child abuse
haha, she challenged my out of shape, 6ft 220 lbs friend to a race, he and I were a good 15 beers deep through a 30 pack of pabst, he obliged, she sprinted away and stole his bike only leaving her bmx mini for him to ride. She did her lap around the pump track and made it back to the garage before he could even make it halfway to the pump track on her mini.

She won.

She got high fives.

And I lived in PBR hang over hell the next day. So I got my lock up :)