Quantcast

Anyone ridden the Kali Sarpa level 2?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I want some protection, but my Dainese gladiator jacket seems and feels like overkill 9/10 of the time.

Has anyone ridden in a Kali Sarpa? If so, does it work for those of us who qualify for "fat **** size?"

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
I'm on my third season on a large Sarpa2. 200 to 220lb 6' ogre. I think I could handle a size smaller, tbh. Buddy wore a medium and same build as me with no hassles.

It's lasted well, worn well, nothing has fallen off, snagged, or degraded.

It is heavy when you hold it, but once worn, I find it really comfortable and deceptive in terms of just not feeling it on me or being conscious of wearing it when I ride. Only when it gets super hot at 30+ do I really feel it and that's as much a general temperature thing as anything for me. Plenty of side strap adjustment to get it fitting right. The only thing I notice are the clasps at the upper back tend to stick out a little. Set up with the cut out for a neck brace, too.

The protection level is significant - the shoulder caps are pretty solid items. The kidney belt is way thicker and wider than most, and has saved me from a couple bar end gorings. Chest/rib protection is ample and as good if not better than most units out there. The back plate is solid and a hell of a piece of work, best in class I would say.

You buy, now.