Quantcast

Anyone in Morzine Les Gets area in July?

RJJ

Chimp
Jun 13, 2011
Montreux, Switzerland
Managed to get a few runs first thing at Morgins yesterday morning. Tracks are in pretty good condition, but a combination of a slippy damp surface, clogged tyres and generally not being a great rider made it all the more challenging!
Loved some of the new stuff, esp the new 'orange' run under the chair (where does orange fit in the blue red black theme?). Lots of new bits, and generally really improved even though I loved it before.
One of the the best places on the PdS just got better, so keep it quiet!

Still not the best place for beginners (I take them to Chatel), but the whole thing flows well. Just don't move away to somewhere else buckoW.

So my small desires for very minor improvements are:
1) Some easier shore stuff (controversial I know). There is some on the blacks, but I'm not good enough for that!
2) Clearer grading. Before I tried it, I didn't know what to expect when you turn off the blue on to the 'orange'.
3) More marked jumps on the Blue and Red. Chatel grades their jumps with little flags which is really helpful when you hit the track for the first time, and cant see what you are landing onto.

jmartin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
Forgot to post back up once I got back home. The trails in Les Gets, Morzine and Morgins were a lot of fun. They seemed to get steeper and bigger the closer I got to Chatel. Les Gets would be a lot more fun if they buffed some of the braking bumps out of the main trails but it was still fun, specially some of the smaller side trails. Morzine had some very fun and fast runs. I really liked the trails there and wished I had more time to stay and ride. It seemed like fewer braking bumps than LG but again with some buffing it would have been phenomenal. Morgins was fun but I wish I had been there on a dryer day. It was soaking the day I went and I didn't have any goggles :( The trails were steep and would have been more fun without the mud slick covering them and making for slower speeds, that mud is like clay. As it was it was fun enough just sliding through everything :) As far as comparing the parks to the likes of Whist and Silver Star I would say they are hard to compare. The parks here have more trail density. There are tons of trails that are easy to find. It seemed like in France there are a few good marked trails and then you have to search for the hidden gems. The trails here seem to get more attention as far as regular maintenance and tend to be smoother, unless it is supposed to be rough. I felt that most of the trails I rode in France were in need of some lovin and would have been wayyy better after some upkeep. All in all it was a great trip and I had a lot of fun and met some really cool Brits and French riders. I am glad to be back though and am heading to Whist for the weekend. There's something about that place that is just hard to replicate anywhere else. If any of you ever get to this side of the world and need some trail advice just ask, you guys helped me find some fun trails so I owe you :)

Last edited: