Quantcast

Anyone having problems with 2015 devinci Wilson Wisbone

craigyboy

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005

So my brother bought himself a new 2015 Wilson after be raving about my 2012 wilson. When he got it we noticed some play at the wishbone/shock eyelet interface the bike also needed the spring changed so we said we will have a look when we get the shock out to change the spring. Straight away we noticed the big alluminium 6mm eyelet bolt had some marks in the head as if it's been overtightened and slightly damaged, when we tried to remove the bolt there was just no budge at all and the inevitable happened the head stripped so we're stuck with a new bike that we can't get the spring changed and we have some play in the rear not what we want from a brand new bike. It seems to me that someone has noticed the play in the assembly process and overtightened the crap out of it with no concern of the poor end user that needs to change the spring. My brother is now stuck with having to drill out the bolt and track down a replacement which I'm sure won't be easy for anime he hasn't even rode. We're certainly not novices at this game and have been through the mill with this crap over the last 15 years but expect better from a brand new bike in this day and age. My question is has anyone else had this problem?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If it's brand new, either bring it back to the shop and request a replacement ofnsaid wishbonez or contact Divinci directly. This is what your warranty is for.

craigyboy

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
Yeah rang the distributor today and they want the shock and wishbone back, there are no spacers either side of the shock eyelet and the wishbone has been just grinding on the shock eyelet and worn it, seems like someone has just forgot to put hardware in and tightened the be jaysus out of it to get away from the side to side play, there's no way the shock eyelet wouldn't need some interface with the wishbone when it's rotating. Bit of a suck ass thing for a new bike, if it was VPP'd up it would have been fine I suppose.

craigyboy

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
That's true though I have to say the new wishbone a mi jig looks very like a trek session.