Quantcast

Anyone have any set up info on the Corsair Crown running Rockshox Vivid R2C (2012)?

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
Hey,

I have just bought a 2011 Corsair Crown and a 2012 (new) Vivid R2C off of a V10c to go on it. Can anyone give me any ideas about the best configuration for the frame and any info as to what shock positions give what travel? Its a 9.5x3.0 shock with the little blow off in there too.

Im 200lbs and riding DH/FR (not really racing just thrashing). I would think i would need a low'ish rate spring because of the lower leverage ratio (i ran a 500lb on my M3 and a 450lb on my Rotec RL9). I have a 450lb for the vivid i thought would be ok. What do you think?

Any info on the frame and/or shock would be great.

There arn't many at all of these in the UK, and not many people know much about them. Other than the damning Dirt review a couple years back. To me though, the whole frame sounds like it's a good buy (i like the little touches like bolted bearing housings and no threads in the frame- threaded barrels instead. All helps when buying used!).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think there was a thread in the shop forum. Do a search for "corsair tuning" and it will probably come up.

They are neat bikes and I wanted one for a long time, but fundage didn't line up with availability.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
I just finished building mine up and I also weigh 200lbs, 450lb spring was perfect for me. So far I absolutely love how the bike rides, it soaks up square edge hits and roots like no other bike I have ridden. I would go ahead and get some spare pulleys and rear hangers while atomlab is still supplying them.

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
I just finished building mine up and I also weigh 200lbs, 450lb spring was perfect for me. So far I absolutely love how the bike rides, it soaks up square edge hits and roots like no other bike I have ridden. I would go ahead and get some spare pulleys and rear hangers while atomlab is still supplying them.
Thanks for the info dude. Mine arrived today. It looks awesome, the top tube reminds me of my old '01 Turner DHR. It does look awesome.

Just got to sort the chainguide and cranks (chain line is all over at the mo) and I will be out riding it!

Cheers