Quantcast

Anyone have a Rock Shox Reverb with XT brakes/shifters?

shredward

Chimp
Mar 12, 2012
San Francisco bay area
I recently got a Rock Shox Reverb drop seat. But I've found mounting of the remote to be a total ball ache. I can't really seem to find a great placement for it. The issue is that in what I'm finding to be an all-too-familiar-vertical-marketing move by Sram, the remote only plays well with Avid brake levers, which is kind of a bummer seeing how I use (and love) XT brakes. Has anyone found a good solve for this or is it a "You're SOL and will have to get used to awkward placement" thing? I found that putting it to the left of my right shifter is too far away from my thumb. And putting it to the right of my right brake lever, the thing is a bit in the way during shifting. Not horrible, but a bit. I feel like I've exhausted all the formulas, but wanted to see if there were any thoughts or similar experiences.

Andy

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I had to dremel down the inside corner of the shifter so it would miss the reverb's mount. I still have to run the remote at a funky angle to get it to work, but I have learned to live with it.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I run mine on the right with XT brakes and XTR shifters. On top of the bar. I do have my shifters in between the grip and brake though. It is a bit of a reach but nothing I didn't adjust to in a couple rides.