Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
this season continues to put me to sleep. i guess thankfully Button was able to break up the RBR domination again and Hamilton finally broke their 15 straight pole run.
hearing Alonso say "i give up" was not good to hear but its reality i guess. i guess its good to see them testing their 2012 front wing since they need the jump on next year's season. i really hope he pushed for 2nd in the driver's standing

an artist's rendition of a closed cockpit racer

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
I pulled this thread up after the last race, but just couldn't think of anything to say other than RBR and Vettal have kicked everyone in the nuts this year. I'm thinking the off season will be more interesting just following the FOTA thing, developement and Bernie's daughters.
Yeah definitely surprised to hear Alonso even say something like that. I laughed to see/hear Button make fun of the Vettal "crooked finger" thing since that's about all we've seen.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I think we'll see a much bigger emphasis on qualifying next year. I can't tell if I like this periscope exhaust mandate or not. I'm thinking I do.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
That would be fantastic if they could develop a way of getting the same effect that didn't require the driver to drive with only one eye.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we'll be buying tickets as soon as its officially announced. thankfully mass transit into weehawken is pretty good. hopefully itll be early in the year so we can go before our honeymoon

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not shocked.
at all
Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that the US GP is on the verge of disappearing from the 2012 calendar – and that nobody holds a contract to run the race.

In essence, the final deadline for any kind of resolution is the FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting in India on Dec. 7.

Speaking to Ian Parkes of the UK’s Press Association, Ecclestone admitted that the race would be dropped if there was no solution in the coming days: “Yes, it will be, for sure, 100 percent.”
FORMULA ONE - F1: Ecclestone - Austin Race Set To Be Called Off

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
very awesome. looks like theyre testing that new front wing still.

looks like Vergne is testing front wing stuff too and the new exhaust

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
he's back! after failed attempts at WRC and NASCAR, the Ice Man is back. i guess Renault is marginally better then Williams who he was rumored to be signing with
Lotus Renault today announced they have contracted 2007 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen for two years. The 32-year old Finn had previously been in talks with Williams, but finally decided Lotus Renault would be the best choice for a comeback after an absence of two years. Lotus Renault have been searching for a replacement for their star driver Robert Kubica after the Pole himself last week announced he would not be ready before the 2012 season.
Motorsport.com | Racing News, Race Results - F1, NASCAR, IndyCar and more

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Williams melted after they heard what the Ice Man's asking price was. Glad to see him back though, and yeah would rather him be at LR. Always liked Raikkonen. Certainly not as media friendly as some of the others, but that was part of what I liked. I think Kubica is done myself. I know his rehab is apparently going well but I can't imagine coming back to F1 capabilities after the injury he had.

Hopefully we will see others test the RBR crew more this year. Oh and I know you heard Vettel thinks he is kind of like Senna with that last race. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
. Always liked Raikkonen. Certainly not as media friendly as some of the others, but that was part of what I liked. I think Kubica is done myself. I know his rehab is apparently going well but I can't imagine coming back to F1 capabilities after the injury he had.

Hopefully we will see others test the RBR crew more this year. Oh and I know you heard Vettal thinks he is kind of like Senna with that last race. :rolleyes:
Kimi not media friendly?? :D

thats what i liked about him too. he's the James Hunt of out time.

Kubica's manager even said he doesnt have full movement/range in his hand yet....pretty tough to race at the highest level with one good hand.

Vettel's comment about feeling like Senna was hilarious....the only exception being Senna dominated that race with only 3 manual gears. and won.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Given that graph and knowing you're a fan of the red cars. What do you think of Massa? Should he stay or should he go?

I think he has been a pretty good second fiddle player to his team mates, heart breaker the year Hami got him by a point. But with them probably able to get any driver they want he's got to feel a huge amount of pressure for 2012. With several podium finishes he may get another year, but really not seeing that happen.

There is always a lot of talk about the motivation, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think, apart from myself, so I don't really care about what people say. KR
Yeah same Kimi.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Given that graph and knowing you're a fan of the red cars. What do you think of Massa? Should he stay or should he go?

I think he has been a pretty good second fiddle player to his team mates, heart breaker the year Hami got him by a point. But with them probably able to get any driver they want he's got to feel a huge amount of pressure for 2012. With several podium finishes he may get another year, but really not seeing that happen.
his time has come and gone. 2008 was his last chance at winning a championship IMO and it was tough to see him lose out because of Glock letting Hamilton pass.
all the other top drivers have openly said theyd love to drive for the Scuderia (Button, Vettel, Hamilton, though all just signed extended contracts with their teams,) but i think Massa should still be looking over his shoulder in 2012. hell, if he continues to not show good results, we might see Ferrari terminate his contract and possibly get someone else. they paid Kimi around 17mil Euros to leave his contract early....and he was a prior World Champ!
Alonso is obviously their #1 guy so it would be interesting to see who they would/could get. Luca Badoer was a test that went horribly wrong for them so maybe a up and coming driver that tested at the Young Driver test could take Massa's seat.
their car obviously hasnt been up to par but it hasnt stopped Alonso from getting good results....despite only one win.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
his time has come and gone. 2008 was his last chance at winning a championship IMO and it was tough to see him lose out because of Glock letting Hamilton pass.
all the other top drivers have openly said theyd love to drive for the Scuderia (Button, Vettel, Hamilton, though all just signed extended contracts with their teams,) but i think Massa should still be looking over his shoulder in 2012. hell, if he continues to not show good results, we might see Ferrari terminate his contract and possibly get someone else. they paid Kimi around 17mil Euros to leave his contract early....and he was a prior World Champ!
Alonso is obviously their #1 guy so it would be interesting to see who they would/could get. Luca Badoer was a test that went horribly wrong for them so maybe a up and coming driver that tested at the Young Driver test could take Massa's seat.
their car obviously hasnt been up to par but it hasnt stopped Alonso from getting good results....despite only one win.
I think Rubens is looking for a seat...:D

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I think Rubens is looking for a seat...:D
ugh.

surprised this didnt happen sooner. especially recently from RBR since they were/are under investigation for over-spending
Ferrari and Red Bull have confirmed they have resigned from the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) in the midst of a row over the Resource Restriction Agreement (RRA).

The news follows a series of meetings among the teams over how to control spending in the sport fairly and transparently under the RRA. There had been a certain amount of mistrust between the teams over the RRA, leading Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali and Red Bull team principal Christian Horner to question the purpose of the organisation earlier this year.
Ferrari and Red Bull resign from FOTA | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
skeptical cat is skeptical
The 2012 US Grand Prix appears to be back on after the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) released an unchanged calendar for next year, including the race in Austin.

Serious doubts were cast over the event when it emerged last month that the Circuit of the Americas no longer had a valid contract with Formula One's commercial rights holders. Last week F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone gave the organisers until December 7 to sign a new contract so that the WMSC could finalise its calendar during a meeting in Delhi. The news was later confirmed in a statement from the circuit.
US Grand Prix remains on FIA's 2012 calendar | United States Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
le sigh
Robert Kubica has broken his right leg in a fall in Italy, the same leg he had broken in his rally accident last February.

Reports claim that Kubica slipped on an icy road close to his home in Pietrasanta and was taken to hospital in nearby Viareggio where x-rays showed that he had reopened the fracture in his right tibia sustained in last year's crash.
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/67716.html

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i guess IRL is better then NASCAR

Rubens said he promised his wife he would never race American oval track and he plans to keep that promise:rofl:
apparently hes trying for a contract for only the road courses

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I don't blame him regarding the ovals. No huge surprise I guess. He's been friends with Kanaan for a while.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I don't blame him regarding the ovals. No huge surprise I guess. He's been friends with Kanaan for a while.
nor do i. i bet Raikonnen was kicking himself everyday he stepped into a NASCAR truck...and i bet Villleneuve was grateful that someone still wanted him to drive something :D.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ugh, Ferrari's car is hideous this year. worse then Caterham's.

it seems the F2012 is using a pull rod suspension this year

Force India

Last edited: