Quantcast

Angel Fire

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
hey was just wondering if anybody has 411 on Angel Fire Bike Park. I'm planning on heading there for Memorial Day and was wondering what kind of trails they have, any jump trails, etc.

here's a picture of a semi naked girl on a bicycle for your time, thanks.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
Angel Fire is awesome, we went there last year and had a blast. Inexpensive lift tickets and good trails, there are a good variety of trails, from jumps to steep and rocky. Just be aware that the town closes really early, we got there around 7:30PM and couldn't get a pizza from the shop due to them closing for the night. Also they are not the most friendly people about having bikes in their rooms.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Myself and a few friends put Angel Fire 2nd to Whistler, in our order of bike park preference. Other places we've ridden/comparing are: Trestle, Sol Vista, Keystone, Snowmass, Crested Butte.

So, yeah, it's pretty sweet. They used to have only a small selection of stuff, but in the last year, they developed a big variety from steep & gnar, just plain gnar without the steep, fast & flowing, jumps & berms, and even some fun/mild trails that my wife enjoys.

And, definitely heed the above advice: the shops close early, especially the grocery store!

Anyway, 1/2 of Colorado will be there for Memorial Day weekend, so we'll see you down there.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
At some point this season I am going to have to get a couple other riders and drive up there from Phoenix.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
here's a picture of a semi naked girl on a bicycle for your time, thanks.
I'm mostly replying to say I like your style.

And yes, Angel Fire is real good as others have said. Lots of rocky, chundery trails but some smooth ones as well. Decent booters on a couple trails, as well. You'll have fun, for sure. Prepare for some really moon-dusty conditions though, that place gets DRY and when it does there's plenty of dust.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Angel Fire has become my favorite despite living in Denver and having Keystone, Treslte, Sol Vista, Vail, Snowmass and Crested Butte closer. They have really added great things in the last 2 years. As everyone has said it has been new trails for all rider levels and styles.

But not only do things close early there, there is very little there even when open. Only a few resurants and a very small grocery store. So plan ahead. The condos are priced really well though and you can get one with a garage to store bikes in.

Last edited:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
yeah we were planning on staying in the resort lodge and taking advantage of the Stay and Ride package but didn't think about having issues with bikes. Maybe a condo is the way to go instead, need to do some more investigating.