Quantcast

An Orange Bites the Dust

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
My buddy was checking out our new DJ's yesterday and unfortunaltely his day ended quickly. I did not think it was too bad of a hit, just a small high speed step down. Hopefully Orange will have a swing arm in stock so that he will not be without the bike for long.

I don't like this kind of failure. Seems like single pivots are supposed to be tough. For the money give me a Bullit over a Patriot any day.

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
OK, I agree single pivot does not have anything to do with the welds on the swingarm. I thought Orange bikes were supposed to be tough. I know *hit happens. Prolly just a bad weld. I just thought others would find it interesting since I have not seen many failures on the Orange's.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
That sucks. If memory serves me correctly, I remeber seeing a green 222 with similar breakage on the left side arm. Probably very isolated incidents, though.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Onehittah said:
OK, I agree single pivot does not have anything to do with the welds on the swingarm. I thought Orange bikes were supposed to be tough. I know *hit happens. Prolly just a bad weld. I just thought others would find it interesting since I have not seen many failures on the Orange's.
tough. not indestructible. fwiw, bullit's can break too.

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Intresting that someone would take their DH bike drilled with speed holes dirtjumping.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
I agree with the others, the weld looks fine.

When a frame breaks its normally near a weld in a high stress area, because that is normally the weakest spot on a frame, the weld itself should never fail. So if a bike breaks right thru its weld seam, thats when you change brand for someone who can actually weld. :nope: