Quantcast

Adjusting sag on DHX RC4

Nov 17, 2014
On my RC4 coil spring im trying to adjust the sag to just over an inch

Recomended settin by this guide on fox website
http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/011/Content/Rear_Shocks/DHX_RC4.html

It states:
"Note: After the preload ring engages the spring, turn the preload ring clockwise one turn. If the preload ring needs to be turned counter-clockwise from this point to achieve proper sag, you will need to obtain a lower rate spring."

What does this mean it engages at all times?? How much is too much to turn these springs, Is this saying turns from fully clockwise (loose) ?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
It means you basically want to have just enough preload so the spring doesn't rattle around when the suspension tops out.

I've also never seen the point in adjusting sag with spring preload. The purpose of setting sag is to get the spring rate where you want it. Adjusting preload does not change the spring rate.

Nov 17, 2014
I turned the spring Counter-clockwise about 25% down the threads to get 1" Sag, Looks like it sits in the same position as pics of people riding it so i guess im fine. Again sorry for all the noob questions, Ive been riding DH all this time and never set up forks or shocks properly so I'm getting really excited for my Ride in the am having it all dialed in