Quantcast

Additives with water to make dirt jump harder/last longer???

morvo11

Chimp
Jun 6, 2006
Washington
i just had a dozer over at my house and made a killer six pack. I was just curious though. When i was up in whistler while there were making the red bull jumps. i talked to some of the guys and they had a mixture with water to help the dirt harden and hold together better. i was wondering if anyone had any recomondations about it. thanks..

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Wood glue works great. My buddy Hacksaw told me about it, and it works killer on my DJ's. Mix it with water in a pump sprayer, and apply to lips and landings. You can pick up a gallon for about 13 bucks.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
I know when they build thoes giant sandcastles they use a mixture of regular white glue [elmers] and water.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
glue doesn't seem like a good idea if you live where it rains alot....(like Seattle)

morvo11

Chimp
Jun 6, 2006
Washington
yea which is where i am at. however i could have sworn that it was a agricultural mixture from like a lawn store. im goin down to a place to ask them about it.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
different dirt packs differently. clay packs really really well. I don't know if you've been to greenlake but those jumps become cement.

that dirt is the red clay used for soccer fields. Top soil, I've heard, packs well too.