Quantcast

A tad late & for those of you who were asking.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Finally got around borrowing a digital camera this weekend and snapped pics of my 5-spot, which I build a while back. Kidwoo, Joe Pozer and I went to Downieville Saturday - fun time! Then rode the beautiful Skeggs area with Joe yesterday morning... Feels good to be back on a trail bike :thumb: It’s good to mix up the riding a little bit…there is noting like bombing down on a DH bike, but rippin pristine singletrack is as fun!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ska todd said:
Luc you need a Pike for that bike :D

-ska todd
Oh you know me, I've already thought about it!

Part of me wants the Pike, but the other want to stick with Air! The Pike I tried at Sea Otter felt soooooooooooo good tho.. :drool:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Acadian said:
Part of me wants the Pike, but the other want to stick with Air! The Pike I tried at Sea Otter felt soooooooooooo good tho..
The fork is sooo smooth and sooo stiff in corners. I wouldn't doubt an air version is too far off...

-ska todd

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ska todd said:
The fork is sooo smooth and sooo stiff in corners. I wouldn't doubt an air version is too far off...

ska todd
Drool..what is it currently set at? 125mm? Are they even available to us mere mortals yet?

Jeremy...will do later on today once I get a chance.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Acadian said:
Drool..what is it currently set at? 125mm? Are they even available to us mere mortals yet?
Since the local LI trails are a little less than gnar on the Xtreme rating scale I have the fork set about 110mm.

I think they are planned for an early fall release.

-ska todd

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ska todd said:
Since the local LI trails are a little less than gnar on the Xtreme rating scale I have the fork set about 110mm.

I think they are planned for an early fall release.

-ska todd
ya the spot is meant to run a 5" fork...so I would need something at 125/127mm. Anything more will jack up the geo, which feels perfect right now. I also don't want anything less.

The air Psylo I have on there feels pretty decent, but still needs dialing in. I’m not getting full travel yet. but wouldn't mind trying something new…

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Acadian said:
ya the spot is meant to run a 5" fork...so I would need something at 125/127mm. Anything more will jack up the geo, which feels perfect right now. I also don't want anything less.

The air Psylo I have on there feels pretty decent, but still needs dialing in. I’m not getting full travel yet. but wouldn't mind trying something new…
That's the nice thing about the Pike; long travel U-turn! Dial it down to 100 for XC, 125 for trail, or 140 for when you need a little more for a decent. Previous to this fork I had the Minute 3 on the bike but wasn't 100% comfy with the SPV release point on small hits (fixed for 05) and a Fox Float RLC before that. I liked the RLC but it was a bit flexier than either the Minute or the Pike. The Pike is noticably stiffer in corners than either the Minute or the Fox.

I was a big fan of my old piss green Psylo Race Tullio. An air Pike would be simply tits. :cool:

-ska todd

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ska todd said:
That's the nice thing about the Pike; long travel U-turn! Dial it down to 100 for XC, 125 for trail, or 140 for when you need a little more for a decent. Previous to this fork I had the Minute 3 on the bike but wasn't 100% comfy with the SPV release point on small hits (fixed for 05) and a Fox Float RLC before that. I liked the RLC but it was a bit flexier than either the Minute or the Pike. The Pike is noticably stiffer in corners than either the Minute or the Fox.

I was a big fan of my old piss green Psylo Race Tullio. An air Pike would be simply tits. :cool:

-ska todd
Do you prefer the feel of the Pike over teh RLC? I was amazed at how plush the one I tried was. and the ajustments worked great!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Joe Pozer said:
Where did all the mud and dirt go? ;)

It was definitely a great weekend of riding.
ahhhhh the beauty/advantang of a silver bike :thumb: in the first pic it's still muddy from the D-Ville ride, but you just can't notice it! Love it!

ya it was a GREAT weekend or riding...fun fun fun.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Incubus said:
Is that a 20th AE GTI?
Yep, #3824 :D

Acadian said:
ya...with a roof rack!! :nope:

just teasing ya Todd ;)

you need one of these! :thumb:
I definately have considered one but then think about the idea of being rear ended on the Cross Bronx and having both my trunk and my bike destroyed. I'll take the roof racks over that!

Acadian said:
Do you prefer the feel of the Pike over teh RLC? I was amazed at how plush the one I tried was. and the ajustments worked great!!
I definately prefer the Pike vs the RLC. The Pike is butter smooth and plush. The Motion Control limits the bob under hard efforts and climbing but w/o the on/off feeling of SPV. I want to try a firm spring in my Pike to see how it affects the fork. I think my 200lb ride weight is a little above the recommended range of the stock spring. Overall the Pike is smooth and stiff. It feels like a mini DH fork at an trail bike-able weight. :)

-ska todd

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Luc, thats suck a sick bike... I remember you telling me out the stickers, but damn, those are just awesome looking. Definently the best looking 5er out there for sure.

How was downieville? If you go up agian, let me know! I wanna ride there!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Yeti DHer said:
Luc, thats suck a sick bike!
:rolleyes: :nope: ;)

Ya it turned out pretty nice. Did you notice how Turner put different colored stickers on the right and left? Kindda looks trick actually! I like it ;)

D-Ville was good...the only time I had ever been there was with you. Remember that? I was on the DHi back then.

was fun tho...the strange part is that the top creek crossing was almost bone dry! :confused: But lots of water running at the top where the rocks are. Soooo much fun tho...I will definitely be going back this summer :thumb: